jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is God really necessary? Why?

1. Lola1929 profile image60
    Lola1929posted 6 years ago

Is God really necessary?  Why?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/5636004_f260.jpg

2. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
    Jesus was a hippyposted 6 years ago

If god is a construct of the mind, then the only thing necessary is the mind.

3. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

No, he is not NECESSARY. Note that word. That means he is not needed. However, it is good to believe in God and life after death. Looking at Christianity and Jewish religions I believe these were created purposely to help people and their lives. People who follow these religions typically have more money, more determination, and better jobs. They get what they want. They do not fear death, they are happy with themselves. They are generally happier.
    Yes, there are the annoying ones that we wish we could kill in their sleep. Even so, it is foolish to refuse the facts.

4. qlcoach profile image75
    qlcoachposted 6 years ago

Very interesting question. Some people choose to believe that God doesn't exist. Others believe that their religion has the True understanding of God. For me, I choose to believe in a Positive Power within us and all around us. This is my belief and might not be helpful to others. But I know that my Faith has seen me through many good times and some bad times too. So I answer yes to the question for me, but I can't answer it for others; that is up to debate. Peace and Light...Gary.

working