jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Have you ever listened to that inner voice and taken that singular decision that

1. sofs profile image82
    sofsposted 6 years ago

Have you ever listened to that inner voice and taken that singular decision that hurts your flesh?

I am talking about those that you know are the best for you whilst your emotions seem to scream out against them...would love to hear from you smile

2. cnwriter profile image61
    cnwriterposted 6 years ago

it is ALWAYS IMPORTANT to CHECK OUT everything that comes to you from the inner or the outer.   The emotions betray, thoughts go up and down,
    check everything...

3. distance2010 profile image61
    distance2010posted 6 years ago

I really don't think that I have done that.. Something I am working on slowly I suppose but surely as I see it. Maybe it's far from that, my answer would only be bias.

4. Borsia profile image45
    Borsiaposted 6 years ago

I'm not sure that I really understand the question.
    I have gone back into a building during an earthquake to retrieve things that I knew we would need despite the chance the the building could collapse.
    So if you are asking if we have put aside the instinct to flee in order to act rationally I would have to say yes.

5. onegoodwoman profile image77
    onegoodwomanposted 6 years ago

I have been the cause of my own heartache, usually through pride or bad decisions.....

but to harm my own flesh?    No, just not my way.

In recent years, I have become aware of people who " cut" themselves, in an attempt to release inner pain.   Are you, perhaps, speaking of this?   

I know someone like this, and I would like to know more.......

6. JimMiles profile image73
    JimMilesposted 6 years ago

I think I have. I'm pretty sure you're not talking about "cutting," as another commenter wondered, and I certainly am not, either. I'm thinking of life changes that I went forward with recently which required much wading through many conflicting signals, both without and within. This is an excruciating thing.