jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the base of all religions?

1. shwetha123 profile image74
    shwetha123posted 6 years ago

What is the base of all religions?

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

There was no religion in the beginning when Adam was created and all the religions are based on pleasing of God and faith, in fact the blind faith on God.

3. profile image12
    saisarannagaposted 6 years ago

Love and Truth are the basis for all Religions. Naturally Non-violence is the principle advocated by all Religions. The people who practice the religions attribute wrong meanings or many meanings to the teachings of saints and prophets who have founded the Religions. Hence there is strife and violence between the people who follow their beliefs in a fanatical way.

4. Killian Dante profile image60
    Killian Danteposted 6 years ago

I think that it is all about the search for explanations to things that we don't understand.

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 6 years ago

All religions, not including evolution, involves a higher being, a.k.a. a God of some sorts. In Africa, in South America, in Europe, in North America, in Austrailia, in Asia, this was the basis of all areas of the globes religions.

6. Seek-n-Find profile image90
    Seek-n-Findposted 6 years ago

I think religion is humanity's way of trying to reach up to God and earn His favor.  I don't think God is religious, though.  I think He wants relationship with a people, not religious practices!

7. Jonesy0311 profile image60
    Jonesy0311posted 6 years ago

I would say fear and uncertainty. Human beings needed to feel that they were not animals living in an unpredictable world. The more we have learned about science, the less gods we have needed to explain things. Ra no longer carries the sun across the sky in the day and returns at night with the moon. We have to believe in something higher because humans are very egocentric. We refuse to accept that we may just be animals. We have some "higher purpose" in life. It would kill most people to accept that they are not special and that our lives are nothing more than a flicker of time between two eternities.