jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Omar Khayyam wrote roughly "If you God punish men what is the difference between

1. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 6 years ago

Omar Khayyam wrote roughly "If you God punish men what is the difference between you and us?

Most religions punish men for their mistakes. While men worship God, Omar Khayyam by questioning his behavior towards men opens a door as for his commonality. What do you think?

2. bettybarnesb profile image60
    bettybarnesbposted 6 years ago

In the Bible, we are told what not to do so that judgement will not come upon us. However, we are all made of flesh and blood and our will many times will get in the way of doing a thing God's way. God loves us all even those who profess not to believe in him.

3. maxoxam41 profile image75
    maxoxam41posted 6 years ago

I am not asking for verses of the bible. I am looking for an objective and critical opinion.
    When you're telling me that god loves us, I'm wondering what it is based upon?

4. profile image0
    AntonOfTheNorthposted 6 years ago

I think the notion of a creator punishing us for being what we were made to be, a flawed, mortal, seeking, searching often failing entity, is inaccurate.

A loving god is possible.  So is a sadistic one.  Since no book can objectively make a claim of being the one truth, it behooves each of us to find our own path. 

We're going to make mistakes.  It happens because we do not know the answers

(actually, we make mistakes as soon as we believe we do).

If there is a god, god has to own the fact that we were made with flaws.

I don't punish a dog because it cannot fly. 

our punishment for our errors is having to live our life in the face of them.

cheers

working