jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (10 posts)

Does the Virgin Mary play a role in our salvation?

1. cafeteria profile image70
    cafeteriaposted 6 years ago

Does the Virgin Mary play a role in our salvation?

Looking for answers from members of all religions.

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6027090_f260.jpg

2. CoauthorU profile image77
    CoauthorUposted 6 years ago

Only in the sense that she fulfilled the prophecy of the virgin birth.

3. profile image0
    Emily Sparksposted 6 years ago

No, she does not aid in salvation.  Jesus said "I am the Way, the Truth and the Life; no man cometh unto the Father BUT BY ME."  As CoauthorU said, she fulfilled the prophecy of the virgin birth, yes, but we do not need to "trust in her" so to speak, only in Jesus Christ.

4. Dave Mathews profile image61
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

She gave birth to Jesus and was his mother. Other than that she hold no particular powers or any special role.

5. point2make profile image81
    point2makeposted 6 years ago

No she does not. Salvation comes through Jesus Christ and no other. Mary gave birth to the Lord but she plays no part in our salvation.

6. ElderYoungMan profile image77
    ElderYoungManposted 6 years ago

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  You should check out where the idea of the mother of the messiah being deity or warranting worship comes from.  There is nothing Christian or Hebrew in its origins.

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 6 years ago

Short answer is, "NO."  If you read all through the Old Testament, those women who desired a child desired a son.  The Hebrews knew that Messiah would be born in the House of Israel.  Every woman wanted to give birth to the Messiah. 

Gabriel told Mary that she was highly blessed among women and was chosen by God.  This statement in itself shows that others were considered for the task.

8. Voltage1 profile image59
    Voltage1posted 5 years ago

Yes, in the co-redemptrix sense anyway. Mary leads us to Jesus, and Jesus mirrors the Father. And aside from her constant intercession, Our Lady stands at the very juncture of salvation history. Her cooporation with divine grace gave us the incarnation and the cross. When she said to Gabrielle 'Let it be done to me accordig to your word,' she was overshadowed by the Holy Spirit and effectively became the ark of the new covenant. That is, Jesus Christ being the new covenant itself, but Mary being the ark which holds it.

1. ElderYoungMan profile image77
      ElderYoungManposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You worship in the church of Babylon.  Mary as deity has its roots in the history of Nimrod's wife, Semiramis.  You should take a look as some of her names.  Queen of Heaven is one of them.

2. Voltage1 profile image59
      Voltage1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I never said Mary is deity. To the contrary, she is a creature of God, as we all are, but perfected by Him. And no, I'm not RC as your post assumes.

working