How you see God?

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (38 posts)
  1. dentist83 profile image61
    dentist83posted 14 years ago

Ok, The purpose of this post is to share with each other you vision of God. An Anthropomorphic vision, or if have a pantheist view of him, or as an energy, etc.  I will love to hear diversity of thoughts.  So tell me: What is God for you?

1. ionerice profile image60
      ionericeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A Delusion!

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

With your eyes lose focus between your eyebrows at a point, a star.
      As your concentration  improves you will race up and down a tunnel too and fro from this point of light.With every inhalation you will race towards it and with every exhalation away from it.

You will race at incredible speeds and you will be seeing with your third eye or inner eye" When thy eye be single" Jesus
      This is your soul traveling.

Now to see god you will have to have no desires , what is called letting go.You then race towards this pint of light which becomes huge as you get near it. You then look at it for sometime with amazement.

Then you go into this light and explode into a brilliant, white love tissue which is full of love and has no beginning and no end, your real you- God the Light. smile One needs to die for this . smile

Then you think of yourself and you are back. After that you can see god in everything around you as all is god. smile

2. profile image0
    Rick Marlowposted 14 years ago

I believe God is the supreme Deity.Eternal and self sustaining.All power and authority are His.All that is, wheither seen or unseen issues forth from him and are His. Having the power to be in eternity past,present and eternity future at the same time.His will can not be contested.

1. earnestshub profile image80
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He apparently can't be bothered either! smile

1. marinealways24 profile image58
        marinealways24posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unless you are favored.

1. underhiswings profile image60
          underhiswingsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He gives grace and mercy to whom He will.

To all the individuals that he created to follow the same belief.

He created everyone different so they would follow the same belief as animals right?

2. profile image0
        Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ernest, You`re forever the pessimist and now marines feathers are ruffled.

It is frustrating when people do not recognize they are a robot of belief.

1. profile image0
            thetruthhurts2009posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Let's see who's a robot...
            Atheism/nonbelievers religious actions- Always be sarcastic never think you are wrong. Whenever a Christian calls you out on the absolute negative of atheism/unbelief, deny and unleash heck on their character and use big font, and smiley’s call them names and insult their intelligence tell them to read a book. Never question the your pride no matter how ridiculous you sound. Show no respect after all we are just animals, right? When all else fails mock the Bible that will anger Christians and will show they are not perfect (even though no true Christian will claim to be perfect.) Stick your fingers in our ears and yell “there is no God,” to drown out all common sense. Whenever possible use words like "which god?" “sky daddy“, “imaginary sky friend,” “old book,” “Jebus” “Babble” “religious” “bigot” “homophobic” put God in lower case, Bring up old refuted bible “contradictions” deny all the facts in favor of Jesus, the biblical account of his life and resurrection. The hundreds of  eyewitnesses and the fact that even other nonbelievers acknowledge that he did raise from the dead.
            Atheism/unbelief is the religion that offers nothing, but the bondage to sin (Now while you Google bible slavery verses and look up a counter "arguments".) Did I miss anything? I must say you are a very devout fundamentalist nonbeliever your follow  members must be proud. You are coming along nicely.
            Yep! I told exactly what you would and you guys never let me down. You got your dogma down, who can compete?

Someone with something meaningful to say without quoting tomes may be able too!

2. profile image0
            Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I do not follow any dogma.I just believe, if only by what I see,earth,heavens and universe for example that there is a great creator who manifests his greatness openly .

I agree to the possibility, but I do not assume.

3. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

There is no god to see, and there is no proof of a god, or logic, or agreement as to what or who is god, just a group of stories that are old and archetypical and came long before to the psychology of man in other stories. All the same world wide. Flood etc are archetypes as they come from diverse belief systems. Religion is whatever any fear ridden human decides they will make of it from the bible or quoran. smile

4. dentist83 profile image61

I prefer to think of God as the Source of the life that flows in all of us, as the Source of the love that humanizes us and as the Ground of Being that calls us and empowers us to be all that we can be.  -John Shelby Spong-

1. profile image0
      Maximus591posted 14 years agoin reply to this

*** Holds mirror up in front of Dentist ***

*** Hopes mirror will reveal the nonsense of his words ***

*** Thinks mirror won't be enough and that a good psychiatrist would be more appropriate ***

dentist83posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Is that a poem?

It should be! lol

5. dentist83 profile image61

I believe in God but i do not see it as traditional theistic religions do.  When I read the bible, what I see is a mirror of the authors.  They feel love, hate, irritation, and they portray  that in God; full of the human passions they experience.  That's why even I know the Bible put God as a killer, intolerant and genocide in the Old Testament or the Hebrew Bible, I know that's not a real God, but a god created by jews(or a false image created by jews).

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a very ignorant remark. a god created by jews!! What the christians would say about that ? they have been believing in a false jew image of God ! This is a joke ! lol lol

Little god, little exclusive god! smile

2. dentist83 profile image61

Try to read things inthe proper context my friend.

your words
          ' When I read the bible, what I see is a mirror of the authors.  They feel love, hate, irritation, and they portray  that in God; full of the human passions they experience.  That's why even I know the Bible put God as a killer, intolerant and genocide in the Old Testament or the Hebrew Bible, I know that's not a real God, but a god created by jews(or a false image created by jews).'

So were i'm out of context ? You said the bible god was a false image created by jews.

Ok.  I am going to make a summary of what you say:

1. I am an ignorant
            2.This is a juke
            The rest was quoting.

I am trying to figure out what is your argument(or you do not mean to have one?).

Jews portrait God as they believe he is.  Bible is not the revelation of God to man, but what man believe God is(ideas coming from everywhere like Egipt culture).  Are you going to contradict that?

Well I stand here as your student.  Teach me

lol I was being ironic, as I'm an atheist. I can't care less what christians believe or what you believe. I'm no teacher, so you're not going to learn anything from me.
              And about the OP, how i see God?. well. I don't see him at all lol

1. lbtrader profile image60
                lbtraderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exceptional thoughts of the grimoire personality keeping the yin yan in check....i once had a girlfriend who never wanted anything to do with a God then she found religion and ran off with the pastor....

Now she wants to know nothing else than religion. At once yinned out and then yanned out and wacked out....

Are you 100% atheist, or you believe in some type energy that establish the nature laws?  I mean.  You can believe in a totally random world or not.  What's your view?

2. quietnessandtrust profile image59
      quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I remember that The KING of The JEWS said that they had "created" a god.
      Yep that is in 1 Bull~Crap 13:67 and written in red.

Are you dense or what ?

what's your point?

1. quietnessandtrust profile image59

The point?
          You say that Jews created a god.

Blasphemous to no end and insulting and ignorant !!!
          How dare you say Jews created a god.
          Shame on you!!!

"That's why even I know the Bible put God as a killer, intolerant and genocide in the Old Testament or the Hebrew Bible, I know that's not a real God, but a god created by jews(or a false image created by jews)."

"That's why even I know"..........you know nothing about The God of The Hebrews !!!

Read the Bible.  Maybe that may give you light.  There is always a first time.

God is not created by the Jews.  What I try to explain was that the anthropomorphic view of God was a creation of the authors of the Bible(which is not something original of the jews since other culture have an anthropomorphic view of the supreme being).

That is not blasphemy.  I know it because God is on my side(just kidding).

But seriously I believe God is on my side. big_smile

2. quietnessandtrust profile image59

I can tell your English is rather poor so maybe you got your words wrong.

As for reading the Bible the 1st time?

Do not assume about me as I have read it countless time in the last 30 years.

Do not continue to say Jews invented a god...not cool.
              It's not wrong to use things we can see to describe an awesome being as it is all we can relate to.

Countless times. lol

Who besides the believer has to study their own belief? lol

I feel a little ashamed for my english.  It is not my first language and I try to do my best.   But this is an english only site and I have to follow the rules.   

I did not say that God was created by Jews(I think I make my self clear).  What was created by the jews was the vision portray by them. When Jesus come to the earth he change the old testament vision of God, to the vision of GOD the  lovely Father.  This is something well know in theology so I wonder why it is hard for you to understand that.  I can give you some examples if you want, just for the purpose of the discussion.  If you request it only.

There is no blasphemy coming out of my mouth.

6. dentist83 profile image61

I believe that God and Religion are different topics.  God is everything.  Me , you, nature, the earth, the water, the space.  Religion on the other way tries to dictates you what God is, based on what other people think(because personally thinking about that may be a sin).  Religion is enemy of free thinking(there are few that are not enemies of Science and knowledge, but majority tend to goes against progress)

7. lbtrader profile image60
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

The purpose of this post is to share....

I love atheists and agnostics....they completely balance out the bs that overly dogmatic sectarians preach. It takes a yin and and yan to balance out the chakras.

The long version...

After researching the principles of zero point energy i'd have to say the source or the matrix or the creator is somewhere, not an energy just a "something or nothing" at the ground state level, where the most finite point of energy can be measured, and we are the monkeys who are the energy in action....the kinetic forms of chaos always looking for more action and often at any cost.

Who ever heard of a good life being a life without fun and chaos.

Meditation brings us back towards the zero point but as kinetic beings we can never truly understand the silence of the "thing" which is even beyond the ground state.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)