Can dogs see ghost or spirits?

Jump to Last Post 51-73 of 73 discussions (77 posts)
  1. profile image52
    YaniceCherryposted 9 years ago

Yes they can see both spirit and ghost but you see them barking at nothing and your worried that means there's someone there with them

2. profile image0
    Sherry Thornburgposted 9 years ago

I don't have any ability to see spirits, but I've heard stories from others that say cats and dogs are not hindered by this. 

There was a story on the radio about shadow people where a caller said her cat backed on up into a closet and trapped it there. 

Always pay attention to your pets. They can see, smell and sense things much better than we can.

3. sharmapk752 lm profile image68
    sharmapk752 lmposted 9 years ago

I think dogs can see ghost or spirits because many times me also surprised that my dog do same things. He start barking & weeping in late nights many times.

4. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 9 years ago

Believing we can see ghosts or spirits leads us to wonder if dogs can see them too.  Is there any proof that dogs can, or cannot? read more

5. profile image52
    Julie Slyhoffposted 9 years ago

I believe dogs have a sixth sense I truly believe
    dogs are sensitive and can feel things differently than we do.

6. Author Sam profile image54
    Author Samposted 9 years ago

there are a long tale and superstitions conected with this, expecially in Africa, aboud dogs or cat. But their is no scientific or even sound religious teachings regarding if a dog can see a demon. The bible let us know that demons are spirit and can only be seen by a spirit, unless they materialized into flesh.
    Even if that should hapen, you should be able to see the demon as well. If not, forget it, the dog baking is not a sign of seing a demon. In acfact, some times even the shadow of a tree or house could make your dog bark, it can continue to bark as far as it continue seing the shadow.

7. alan raj profile image79
    alan rajposted 9 years ago

Whatever people say about the ability of dogs to see ghosts,it isn't scientifically proved.It is true that dogs possess many qualities that man doesn't have.

8. sandeep15r profile image72
    sandeep15rposted 9 years ago

Nope, as I don't believe in ghosts and spirits.

9. Elijah Pisano profile image55
    Elijah Pisanoposted 8 years ago

Yes they can. They bark when someone is comes to you they growl when spooked then they bark and growl when they sense danger or to protect there human.

10. angelashopping profile image60
    angelashoppingposted 8 years ago

I have 2 cats, and they are with me for long times, but I didn't see them have connection or see spiritual world. They just eat, sleep and play, just act very normal.

Yea, sometimes they will staring something and act like seeing ghost, but when you look closely, there are small bugs.

And I know when they screams at night, that could be pretty scary, but they are just communicating with their friends, so that's pretty normal. But my cats sleeps at night time and day times, so they wouldn't screams like a ghost.

11. monia saad profile image59
    monia saadposted 8 years ago

Yes they can see spirits and ghosts. They share with all animals. Even birds. Have you noticed cock before? It's things that humans can not explain it. But not necessarily have seen something scary.

12. everythingzealous profile image61
    everythingzealousposted 8 years ago

I believe that they can. I think all animals can.. but who knows? We can't exactly ask them.

13. amrutha stocks profile image61
    amrutha stocksposted 8 years ago

i think yes,dogs can see ghost or spirits

14. Mihnea Andreescu profile image69
    Mihnea Andreescuposted 8 years ago

First of all, this question is based upon another question which is "Do spirits and ghosts exist?".If the answer is yes then dogs should be pretty sensitive to paranormal activity.If dogs can predict the coming of an earthquake I think that they might as well be sensitive to paranormal phenomena-which usually comes with unusual temperature changes and other bizarre happenings.

15. choosetolive profile image72
    choosetoliveposted 8 years ago

Yes Dogs can see ghost or spirits. Atleast I have seen in my dog experience during school days.

16. poleflux profile image59
    polefluxposted 8 years ago

Absolutely animals can sense the spirit world.  It has been my experience that animals frequently show up at homes that are haunted. out of the blue and often.  If you have someone else's pets (having collars with names) as well as strays showing up at your house many times, or on your property acting like they live there, you can bet they know a spirit is there, the spirits can call in the animals.

17. cperuzzi profile image90
    cperuzziposted 8 years ago

While there is very little proof that the spiritual world is viewable in this dimension, this is a difficult question to answer.  However, the popular theory is that "yes, they can - especially cats."

It might be because dogs are on a different spiritual awareness than we are.  The phenomenon you speak of I've experienced many times with my dogs.  I can't prove it but it does seem to be a universal truth that they see things we don't.

18. palanorj profile image57
    palanorjposted 8 years ago

My dog just woke up all of a sudden and started barking at something... I think he sees a ghost..

19. the rawspirit profile image82
    the rawspiritposted 8 years ago

I would say they have keen senses that we really do not have a complete understanding of. I am not sure they are seeing ghost or spirits, but they definitely have the ability to sense more things than we can.

20. profile image53
    Bel Dymposted 8 years ago

So, while I was at the computer, I heard something in my bedroom falling. I looked to see if my dog was the culprit, but she was with me. Suddenly she began to growl and bark.  My dog is 4 months old and she hardly bark, much less barks, so it was odd to hear her so worked up.  She was barking at the entrance of my bedroom without going in the bedroom.  Then suddenly, she jolted out from the bedroom door like something scared her. I decided to go into the bedroom and say a prayer, she then stopped barking and growling.  And she went inside the bedroom. Could this be that she saw an entity?

21. Sara 211 profile image65
    Sara 211posted 8 years ago

Definitely, I was outside with my dog at night when he looked at something behind me and was growling and barking. I knew there was nothing behind me, so without turning around I spoke and I said "whoever you are you need to leave", and would you believe it my dog stopped and we went inside. Too creepy.

22. dasmith89 profile image59
    dasmith89posted 7 years ago

Yes, I strongly believe they can see spirits. One night I was getting out of my car and had a friend with me. My dogs always come out to greet me when I get home.  I always start talking them when I get out of the car and this night I decided to ask,  "Where are my dogs?" and suddenly the two of them stopped barking and one even whimpered and I heard a male voice saying, "there they are". The two dogs heard the voice and were looking at something above the back of my car.  At the same time,  something made a weird noise above the back of my car and it was over. My friend did not hear the voice but noticed their strange behavior. My neighbor's dad had passed a couple of days before.  It was his voice I heard in the yard.  When I walked into my home, a flashlight was on in the middle of my living room.

23. mama Mac profile image67
    mama Macposted 6 years ago

I am 100% positive that they can. As well as babies and small children.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)