jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Can you hear God's voice?

1. RAcquel Fontenot profile image60
    RAcquel Fontenotposted 6 years ago

Can you hear God's voice?

2. Esch profile image57
    Eschposted 6 years ago

Brilliant question! Everyone can hear influence from God. Follow the example of Elijah in 1 Kings 19:9-18. If we listen hard enough, even in the low whisper of the wind, God is talking. He guides us daily, and he desires our prayer and worship. Ask and listen. Neat test for you with awesome results

3. Rev. Akins profile image76
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

I like to think so, especially when I can get out of the way and just listen. God can speak in so many different and wonderful ways, and too often we just want to hear what we WANT to hear. God is always talking to us, always in a relationship with us, we just have to be willing to stop being busy and listen. So I try to listen as often as I can, and I would like to say, yes, I can hear when God calls to me. The other challenge is having the faith to do what God asks you to do, still working on fully embodying that. smile

4. NiaLee profile image60
    NiaLeeposted 6 years ago

Yes two days ago it was very clear that he wanted me to step away from a dangerous situation.. it was loud!

5. preacher2003 profile image58
    preacher2003posted 6 years ago

I have heard an "Audible" voice once in my life, that was when God called me to Preach - when I was 8 years old.

The other ways i hear are in my mind and spirit.

Don't turn down that street, go to the next.... it seems to softly ring out in my head....and I miss an accident.

Don't go to that place today or etc.... and as well, "Pray" for this person NOW! and as i silently pray maybe in a few days I hear they got saved, healed , delivered...

His Voice - makes the difference and if I follow His Voice - I will never go astray!

you know, the very first time I saw my wife, 9 years ago - I heard Him then - THAT IS HER!   

Thank you God for loving me so much!

6. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Yes, but it's not what you might think. You can hear Him in your thoughts as you read the Bible, in a good sermon, in what others say, in circumstances, in music.