jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have You Ever Visited a Place the First Time and Felt Like You've Been There Bef

1. Shil1978 profile image93
    Shil1978posted 6 years ago

Have You Ever Visited a Place the First Time and Felt Like You've Been There Before?

2. rlaha profile image69
    rlahaposted 6 years ago

Oh yes.  There were a few instances where I went places on vacation and before the guide was telling us about the place I already knew about it. I hadn't read about it or watched any programs on that place before either, so it was like deja vu.

3. medicinefuture profile image62
    medicinefutureposted 6 years ago

This is Deja- vu experience. I have no experience of this, but many patients have told me about  having experienced this scary and pleasant  sensation .

4. coast2coast79 profile image62
    coast2coast79posted 6 years ago

Absolutely. I can recall several times in my life when I felt this way. Im not sure what causes such sensations. Some say that you were in that place in a past life. I've also heard a more scientifiic theory of why this happens. I remember hearing that deja-vu was caused by nerve signals triggered by sight, smell, taste, touch, or sound accidentally passing through the part of the brain responsible for long term memory. This confuses your brain into thinking that what it is experiencing is familiar to you when you know for a fact it shouldn't be. Im not too familiar with neuroscience or even how to spell it for that matter, but it sounds like a pretty good theory. Personally I think its more fun to believe that there is a spiritual reason for deja-vu. It would make the world a bit more interesting

5. profile image0
    jasper420posted 6 years ago

For me this happens all the time im still working on figuring out why

working