jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What is the most culturally interesting place you've ever visited or lived?

1. Ken R. Abell profile image82
    Ken R. Abellposted 7 years ago

What is the most culturally interesting place you've ever visited or lived?

2. profile image46
    gemmahposted 7 years ago

I'd have to say 'bali'.  It was much more culturally rich and diverse than i had imagined.  Thought it was going to be a more typical tourist beach vacation but everything from the down-to-earth, friendly people, delicious and tasty food, focus on spiritual well-being and physical healing (through spa treatments, massages, yoga), to a richly varied artistic community.  The mountains, active volcanoes, temples, rice paddies, gorgeous sandy beaches all make for interesting topography and beautiful scenery.  Bali is also renowned for attracting and cultivating artists, from painters, sculptors, metalworkers, musicians, to dancers, etc.

3. AlanZimmerman profile image61
    AlanZimmermanposted 7 years ago

Sydney Australia was one of the most interesting and culturally diverse places I have ever seen.  You get a mix of Western and Eastern cultures that is really quiet fascinating, and you have all kinds of food, art and architecture to reflect that fact.

Second to Sydney would be a tie between New Orleans and Paris for me personally.

4. GGtimeshares profile image60
    GGtimesharesposted 7 years ago

I am interested with the African countries.

5. lilian_sg profile image74
    lilian_sgposted 7 years ago

I would say Malaysia  http://hubpages.com/hub/Penang-UNESCO-H … Food-Haven and Singapore http://hubpages.com/hub/Attractions-in-Singapore where I have lived all my life so far. Both countries are multicultural. And for Singapore, there are lots of foreigners working here so that makes things even more interesting.

6. SenoraEcuador profile image60
    SenoraEcuadorposted 7 years ago

Thanks, Ken, for the question. Actually, I would have to say that living in Sicily was probably the most interesting place I have ever lived. Taormina is a magical city and probably the most beautiful place in the world and yet so many people have never heard of it. It's hard to go wrong with Greek Ruins, the Mediterranean Sea, and Mt. Etna (Europe's largest and most active volcano) in the background!