jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

If the All Powerful God is the alpha and omega plus gave us free will then

1. ptosis profile image73
    ptosisposted 6 years ago

If the All Powerful God is the alpha and omega plus gave us free will then

did God know before hand that Adam & Eve would eat the apple before even giving life to humans?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6225340_f260.jpg

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 6 years ago

One would presume so.

3. rdlang05 profile image88
    rdlang05posted 6 years ago

The answer to the question you're asking is yes.  It seems what you're really asking though is, why would God create us knowing that we would fall?  The answer to THAT question is because he loves us, and our return of his love has to be a choice.  Forced love is no love at all.  He wanted us to exist even though he knew we would disobey him.

4. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is all part of His master plan, only partly understandable to us in this lifetime.

5. Dave Mathews profile image60
    Dave Mathewsposted 6 years ago

First off: No human has "Free Will". To have this power one would only have to think something to move and it would move. Only God has this power.

As for your question about Adam and Eve. Yes God already knew the result of His test, but hoped it might change. After all God is all knowing. If He weren't He wouldn't be God.

6. Nights Dream profile image60
    Nights Dreamposted 6 years ago

If the story of Adam and Eve is true, God stacked the deck and set us up to fail from the start.

7. Dallan Manscill profile image46
    Dallan Manscillposted 6 years ago

Could it be possible that God intended Adam and Eve to "Fall?" If that is the case then why would they need to "Fall?"

8. tigerbaby777 profile image86
    tigerbaby777posted 6 years ago

I believe He did.  I believe he had in mind the whole time that Jesus would be sacrificed as the perfect lamb of God to cover the many sins of the flesh.  He created us so he knew our weaknesses before we did.  I don't for one second believe that God created this world and mankind and then just played it by ear.  Too many prophecies in the OT point to Jesus and the coming of the Saviour.  When he toldl Abraham to sacrifice his only son Isaac on the alter and Abraham was prepared to obey Him, God provided a ram for that blood sacrifice instead.  There are many more indications in the OT as well but that, to me, is the most vivid right now.

working