Do you believe in willpower?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Megh Brandel profile image60
    Megh Brandelposted 12 years ago

Do you believe in willpower?

Some of us believe in paving your future path, and some believe despite of your hard work, it is your luck that decides everything. And some believes that you need to have a strong will force to make things happen. How do you feel?

2. edhan profile image37
    edhanposted 12 years ago

Yes.

Some have good luck when comes to paving their future. While others require lots of willpower to persist in order to achieve. It is sometimes requires great strength to endure your pathway to good future. It does help to make your success whereas those who gave up will be left out.

3. profile image52
    Heart of Ashposted 12 years ago

I believe in willpower but I believe it's not your only factor at work in paving your future.  I believe in fate and hard work and with a little luck and a prayer or two that if you push yourself and stay focused on what you seek then you will find it.   Think yourself happy and so it will be.  It even said that in the bible (maybe not exact words) and I believe your willpower and the person you thrive to be plays importantly for what you will get out of life.  If you always tell yourself your a failure and never push yourself to go forward then you will never get there unless fate smiles upon you and you get lucky but if your willpower is gone then how can you raise up and seize this opportunity?  Think yourself happy, think yourself thin, think yourself in that job your working your butt off for.  Not everything comes to you but those you don't try will never know for sure, must have the will to carry on or every downfall will keep you down.

4. sofs profile image78
    sofsposted 12 years ago

It is not about believing in will power it is about believing in yourself. It is believing that you are the author of your life. People who believe in luck may be just finding an excuse not to put in their best. I believe it is the difference between existing and living... read on for more on will power and how to develop it.
    http://sofs.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-dev … discipline

5. alisha4u profile image40
    alisha4uposted 12 years ago

Yes, I do. Will power is the force, which makes you initiate something.. Once you step-up on the track, luck make it's own way...

"Fortune Favours the Brave" !

6. Naomi Jayne profile image61
    Naomi Jayneposted 12 years ago

Yes, I believe in willpower, you must have it to conquer!

Will= to live and breathe and acheive what you will

Power=the conscious effect to see things through to the final closure

Willpower!

7. algarveview profile image72
    algarveviewposted 12 years ago

I think willpower is very important, but action must go along with it, otherwise willpower alone it's no use.

8. ackman1465 profile image61
    ackman1465posted 12 years ago

I think that what some people call "luck" is really the confluence of preparation and opportunity.....

9. sandrabusby profile image73
    sandrabusbyposted 12 years ago

What do you mean "believe in willpower"?  How can you not believe in it?  Some people have a little and some have a lot.  Somethings can be accomplished by willpower and some cannot.  There is a power beyond "willpower," but it is important to understand willpower and how it works.  Maybe you would enjoy a book I just discovered called THE WILLPOWER INSTINCT by Kelly McGonnigal.

10. Darrell Roberts profile image73
    Darrell Robertsposted 12 years ago

I believe in willpower as well as fate.  I think that it is impossible to accomplish any great feat with out the help of others.  Many people say "I did this and that" , but sometime I think that there is a bigger picture that they are not seeing. 

First to have faith in oneself that has to be nurtured from young, so if you had good parents one should always thank them.  Second, there is always influences in one's life as long as one interacts with others, so if you have good friends you should remember them and be grateful.  Also know when to leave bad company.

Third there must have been those who have passed on knowledge and supported one's effort to make what ever great feat that is accomplished successful. 

I have accomplished many great things in my life as well as made some stupid mistakes, but I am always looking at the big picture knowing that it is not my will alone.  It is not all luck of all fate, it is a combination of many factors.

All I am saying is yes there is willpower, but remember the big picture.

Best wishes.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)