jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

Is there a purgatory after we died? or hell really exist?

1. kingphilipIV profile image60
    kingphilipIVposted 5 years ago

Is there a purgatory after we died? or hell really exist?

2. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image60
    Dubuquedogtrainerposted 5 years ago

Hell really exists and once you die, there are no second chances called purgatory or anything else. We must decide before we die who we will serve. That choice determines where we will spend eternity - in heaven or in hell.

3. pipmistress profile image59
    pipmistressposted 5 years ago

The word Purgatory was not written in the bible from the first page up to the last.

4. peeples profile image95
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

Neither exist. The only hell we have is the hell we create for ourselves. By leading an immoral life people make not only themselves but others miserable. That is the closest thing to a "hell" there is. Once you're dead that's it. The end! Enjoy life while you have it!

5. cascoly profile image61
    cascolyposted 5 years ago

previous response said>>>Hell really exists and once you die, there are no second chances called purgatory or anything else.

amazing how absolutely sure some people can be when the question is absolutely unanswerable!

this is entirely a question of faith, so there's no way to submit evidence one way or theother

6. glmclendon profile image61
    glmclendonposted 5 years ago

I think Hell exist. You may not believe it, but that don't stop it from being there.

Stay Well

7. yougotme profile image89
    yougotmeposted 5 years ago

As a Christian, I'm taught to believe that hell does exist.
    However, pipmistress is right, the Bible does not say anything about the existence of purgatory. Although, personally, I somehow believe in it.

1. profile image48
      RON JON12posted 5 years agoin reply to this

read mark 9:43

8. edhan profile image61
    edhanposted 5 years ago

If you believe in soul, there is existence of beyond death.

Between our physical life as humans and our spiritual life as souls, it is distinguished in living of 2 spaces within one mother earth. It is co-exists between living and the dead.

There is no scientific proof of the existence. So it is hard to argue whether or not it exists in the different plane. But for those who believe in souls like myself, do find there is Karma and Merits. We have to answer for what we did during our human lives after death.

Whether or not we are being reborn as humans again or as animals or even living spiritually will depend on our previous and current lives.

That is what I believe in.

9. ptosis profile image71
    ptosisposted 5 years ago

I like the idea of Dante's Inferno about the different levels of heaven and hell. Here's my favorite excerpt:

The end of every wickedness that feels Heaven’s hatred, is injustice.
    Since fraud is found in humankind as its peculiar vice, it angers God more.
    So the fraudulent are lower and suffer more unhappiness.

Therefore at the Universe’s core, inside the least circle, the seat of [’dis?],
    Every betrayer eternally is consumed.