jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is it right to pray for money?

1. bizwin profile image60
    bizwinposted 6 years ago

Is it right to pray for money?

2. Civil War Bob profile image61
    Civil War Bobposted 6 years ago

Sure...it falls under the broad category of "give us this day our daily bread" as the means to get the 'bread' sometimes.  As part of this provision of needs, not exorbitant amounts, I've counted everything from pennies to $20 I found on the ground as an answer...$467.68 provided since 1/23/85, 206,407 total prayer answers of every kind since 12/13/80 when I began my journals.  Oh, salary and any other income counts, too!  Grace and peace, bizwin!!

3. blessedp profile image81
    blessedpposted 6 years ago

I think it is fine, as long as you have a need then ask and it shall be given.

4. arksys profile image92
    arksysposted 6 years ago

yes ofcourse it is ... another way to put it is ... pray for success in this world and the next.

5. Rev. Akins profile image75
    Rev. Akinsposted 6 years ago

Prayer is meant to help you. If you feel the need to pray for money then do so. However, do not fall for the prosperity gospel being preached by TV. They want you to believe that if God loves you then you are going to be rich. God loves you, but you may never have all the money you want.
    If you have a need, God will provide in one way or another. Keep your eyes and ears open, the prayer may be answered in a new job, new support, or something else entirely. Keep praying, God is listening.

working