jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

I am a soul, I have a body?

1. cherrycrime26 profile image80
    cherrycrime26posted 6 years ago

I am a soul, I have a body?

Do you agree with this statement?

2. Peter Leeper profile image81
    Peter Leeperposted 6 years ago

Maybe.  Surely we have bodies and the root of your question really seems to be can a soul exist without its host body?  Am I correct?  It is definately a topic that has been the cause of many debates and philosophical idealogies between science and religion over the centuries.  St. Thomas Aquinas has many writings on the matter.

I think humans cannot concieve the concept of "not existing" which is why this question, and religion for that matter, probably exists.  We have only ever known "being", having concious, feelings, urges, etc etc.  Even when we were infants and today have no memory of these things, they existed.  Can anyone really imagining it just all ending when we die?  I think there is a good chance that this is exactly what happens but I can't say i can comprehend what that is...

3. Anjili profile image82
    Anjiliposted 6 years ago

You are tripartite by nature, meaning you are body, soul and spirit.
    The body is the vehicle that carries the soul and the spirit. The body is mortal while soul and spirit are immortal until they are exterminated by the creator.

4. Thesource profile image78
    Thesourceposted 6 years ago

Each of us are made up of three parts, namely the mind, body and soul.
    Your body comes from this earth and it will return to it.
    You mind is the sum of what you learn and remember in this life time.
    Your mind is simply a creative tool and is not you.

You are your soul which knows everything. Your mind does not know what your soul knows. You(your soul) existed long before your conception into you current body.

5. Chuck Bluestein profile image61
    Chuck Bluesteinposted 6 years ago

“You don't have a soul. You are a soul. You have a body.”
    ? C.S. Lewis

I argue. Actually I mean I agree.

6. ipen profile image60
    ipenposted 6 years ago

Difficult to comment .... i can see my body but i havent seen my soul .. its difficult for me to believe what i have not seen or experienced.

7. DeanCash profile image59
    DeanCashposted 6 years ago

Yes, It says the body has a soul. The body needs the soul to roam around this planet - to be mortals. The soul simply used the body as a vehicle so he can interact with the world, without this vehicle he can only wander around but cannot express anything beyond imagination.

working