jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Do you believe in the paranormal?

1. CookwareBliss profile image72
    CookwareBlissposted 5 years ago

Do you believe in the paranormal?

I'm a strong believer that their are things that happen in today's world that logically can not be explained. Ghosts....spirits left behind....residual energy....dark forces.... have you experienced any of these events in your life to make you believe in the paranormal?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6537482_f260.jpg

2. jenesmith01 profile image60
    jenesmith01posted 5 years ago

definatly. ive been an investigator for several years and i started out as a skeptic and now i fully believe

1. jennzie profile image84
      jennzieposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Cool! I would love to be a paranormal investigator, but I don't know how to start nor do I know of anyone who would want to join a team with me. hmm

3. Shahid Bukhari profile image59
    Shahid Bukhariposted 5 years ago

The Concept of Paranormal, depends on your definition, of "Normal" ...

Normal ... in the currently popular Sense, relates any Thing, that is Present ... in-spite of the "Thing" Present ... "not" being Physical ...

Thus, any Thing, Existing, though, not Real in the Conventional, i.e. Material Sense ... is called "Para" ... meaning, something, "Above" the ... "Normal" ... 

Often times, the Paranormal Things, are "defined" with the term Surreal, or Metaphysical.

Because, in the Presently Popular Sense ... "Reality" has to be essentially "Material" in nature ... In order to be considered, as "Real" ...

The Truth of Existential Reality ... Is ...
    That there are Two States of Existence ... One is the "Physical" and the other is the "Ideal" ... That jointly Compose the Singular State, of "Being" ...

Science, and Reason ... the Currently popular "Validators" of Human Experiential ... however, are limited to the Material/Physical ... with no "idea" of the "Ideal" except Philosophical ...

Hence, Science and Cold Reason ... have no Concept of the Abstract Half of the Existential's Reality, Composed of the Ideal and the Physical ... Bonded, Unto the Real of Formal, Reality ...

Thus, Defining Ideal Existence, is beyond any Scientific and/or Rational, Explanation.

Because, Logics, Governing the Scientific Reality ... can only address, an half of The Existent !

Accordingly ... Ghosts, Residual Energy and Dark Forces ... add to it the Aliens ... Martians, Poltergeists, Headless Horsemen, Ghouls, and such ... are "Terms" that Define the Scientifically/Rationally Intangible ... Inexplicable" Phenomena ... hence, the Manifest ... "Ideal/Abstract" Part ... of Reality ...
    called, the Paranormal.

4. CR Rookwood profile image86
    CR Rookwoodposted 5 years ago

I think the paranormal IS normal. It's our culture, which values a 300 year old understanding of science based on matter and not much else, which is abnormal.

5. jennzie profile image84
    jennzieposted 5 years ago

I don't know if I would say that I am a strong believer, but I don't consider myself a skeptic, either.

However, I do have a strong interest in basically anything paranormal and learning more about it, as most of my hubs show. smile

working