jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How would you feel if your most treasured belief or personal experiences was sha

1. Rodric29 profile image77
    Rodric29posted 5 years ago

How would you feel if your most treasured belief or personal experiences was shared with the world?

It could be religious or political, both or just personal. How would you feel about it and why.

2. msorensson profile image70
    msorenssonposted 5 years ago

In America, we have freedom of expression............................

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image87
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

I would feel great. Such attention from the world for only one of 7 billion. Not a bad feat if I may say so myself.

4. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

I am a recovering alcoholic!!!! There, I just shared with the whole world. And sharing my experiences, both bad and good , is the backbone of how I stay sober.  Experience is an education that no college on earth can teach. No academic degree can say," I've been right where you're at". And if sharing with the world keeps some people from going thru things they don't have to, that makes me feel pretty darn good. I am proud of my recovery and no longer ashamed of my disease.
         This can apply to anything. Not just addictions. The rewards for seeing another grow by our sharing, is beyond our comprehension. It's all said in the paradox, " You gotta give it away to keep it".

5. lburmaster profile image82
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't be happy. My beliefs are a combination of what I have seen, experienced, learned, and heard. They might not be true and lead others astray. They might be debated on and someone could prove one of my beliefs wrong. Then I would have to go through the entire methods of focusing on a belief to take the one-that-was-proven-false's place. Also I would have to hear my mom yell at me again. She always yells at me when I ask questions regarding how the world works. So I keep her away from my psychology and philosophy books.

6. SidKemp profile image94
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I do share many of my treasured beliefs. I do not share them as right answers for other people. I am also sensitive to who is listening or reading; I stay away from conflict, and speak to those with an open mind and heart.

Living this way - being public about my truth, but not contentious - nourishes my peace and joy.