jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

Did Jesus Come to India?

1. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Did Jesus Come to India?

Did Jesus travel the whole world known during His times?

2. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

Hi Vegas Elias, it's one of those fascinating questions about Jesus. Apart from knowing he was a carpenter, no-one knows what he was up to for the first 30 or so years of his life. But what is apparent, is that a lot of his allegories and metaphors and teachings are remarkably similar to ancient Indian teachings. You're probably more of an expert than I am on this. However, to many Christians it sounds blasphemous to suggest that Jesus was a highly developed yogi of the bhakti (worship) tradition ("my yolk is easy" etc yolk, having its roots in the Sanskrit word 'yog'). It's a great question!

Vegas Eliasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It's not what I like and dislike but your answer is bold and very true. I appreciate your understanding.

3. ackman1465 profile image60
    ackman1465posted 5 years ago

I don't think that train service extended beyond Tehran in those days.....

Besides, since He hadn't yet started religion, I don't suppose he had many 3-day weekends available for goofing off......

Vegas Eliasposted 5 years agoin reply to this

My dear friend ackman1465 I understand it is very enjoyable to be sarcastic. However one has to also see the truth. Train service did not exist then but we did have the Grand Trunk Road of Ashoka the Great king of India which reached upto Jerusalem.

working