jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

What Did Jesus Say About Going To Church?

1. PhoenixV profile image68
    PhoenixVposted 2 years ago

What Did Jesus Say About Going To Church?

2. serenityjmiller profile image76
    serenityjmillerposted 2 years ago

Jesus modeled involvement in corporate worship through His actions. Luke 4:16 tells us Jesus "went into the synagogue, as was his custom." It was His "custom" - His regular practice - to participate in hearing and teaching the Word in an active assembly of learning God-seekers. The early Christian church emerged directly from that setting of studious Scriptural community.

1. profile image0
      Joshtheplumberposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Nice! As I recall, he considered your body the temple. He had his own ideas, but was also a Rabbi, so he did try to incorporate his ideas into the traditional customs of the time. Rabbis were required to be married by the way.

2. Rich kelley profile image61
      Rich kelleyposted 2 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was called Rabbi by a few. Rabbi means teacher. When they called Him Rabbi they were making reference to His function not a man made title or position like pastor or bishop or deacon etc.

3. connorj profile image76
    connorjposted 2 years ago

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/12458364_f260.jpg

Then Jesus said to His disciples, truly, truly, I say to you, Except you eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, you have no life in you. Then Jesus instituted this Sacrament at the Last Supper by passing bread and wine to all...
    Thus it may perhaps be wise to receive these and learn about His life together at Mass?

4. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
    MonkeyShine75posted 2 years ago

Not much, but Paul said:
    1 Corinthians 3:16
    Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

Hebrews 10:25 says:
    King James Bible
    Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

1. Rich kelley profile image61

When Hb 10:25 was written, there were no churches. This although used to goad people into attendance at church is not about that at all. They were afraid of being put out of the synagogue if seen with other believers/disciples.Hence the admonishment.

2. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
      MonkeyShine75posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Paul helped establish many Christian churches, and they were around when Hebrews was written. Before the Christian churches, there were the Jewish temples

3. Rich kelley profile image61
    4. MonkeyShine75 profile image75
      MonkeyShine75posted 2 years agoin reply to this

Sorry, I don't get my answers from others, so I didn't click on your link

working