Can anyone point out any mistake committed by Christ?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (50 posts)
  1. Vegas Elias profile image60
    Vegas Eliasposted 12 years ago

Can anyone point out any mistake committed by Christ?

For me Jesus Christ was the most honest and true human being on earth. I only find His words being twisted and turned by humans to suit their purposes.

2. rdlang05 profile image80
    rdlang05posted 12 years ago

You are right, Jesus, being both man AND God, was perfect, and thus not capable of committing a sin or probably even a mistake.  In the Gospels he is displayed as perfect, and yet with human emotions that he uses perfectly.

It was not a mistake for Jesus to trust his disciples, because he knew that, for the most part they were the best people for the job... and even those that betrayed him did so in accord with God's plan to use them for humanity's salvation.

1. rdcast profile image61
      rdcastposted 12 years agoin reply to this

The Creator doesn't pretend to trust the created, yet converse must occur to suit the Creator's will.

3. backporchstories profile image73
    backporchstoriesposted 12 years ago

I know it states in the Bible that Jesus was sinless, but if He came as man so to experience man and relate, then would he not falter some to learn what it is like to be man and have remorse?

1. rdlang05 profile image80
      rdlang05posted 12 years agoin reply to this

except for he was born of the Virgin Mary, as well as conceived by the Spirit.  He was born without Original Sin and thus doesn't sin.  He does weep and get angry and scared however.

2. rdcast profile image61

The created learns from the Creator

3. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61
      Dubuquedogtrainerposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Apparently anger isn't a sin since the Bible says, "Be angry but do not sin."

4. rdlang05 profile image80

Some anger is.  But there is "righteous anger"

5. CynthiAnn profile image60
      CynthiAnnposted 12 years agoin reply to this

What's more important is that He was sinless, yet He was still tempted by sin. He was a man so, naturally, He would have experienced temptation. Yet He remained sinless.

6. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
      Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus was born as the man on legal purpose. Man sin and man had to die. Animals never sin and sacrifice of animals were only temporary, atonement (cover).

7. rdcast profile image61

Mr Vladimir Uhri, you hit the nail on the head without mincing words. That's a gift...

4. Electro-Denizen profile image83
    Electro-Denizenposted 12 years ago

Another interesting Q VegasElias.

Well, it all depends... If one doesn't go down the line that Jesus was THE son of God, but a Realiser of great proportions, then it begs the question, why did he become agitated at the temple, when people were using it to sell things and lend money etc.

In the history of the world nothing has ever changed, the Divine (or least, deeper truths) have always been ignored and/or desecrated in some way. It's the norm around here! So why, being a Realiser, did he become so angered by it, chasing people out of the table and upturning tables etc? (if indeed he did do that), to make the temple as it should be? In some ways, this certainly wasn't turning the other cheek!

So maybe that was a small mistake, his political side and the way belief in him became a political issue (which ironically, is really the only real reason he became so popular). But I guess in his heart he was doing the right thing - so that was very true and honest.

There's some conjecture that realisers like Buddha actually perceived deeper truths than Jesus, going beyond the siddhis, or miracle powers.

I don't think I answered this question at all? But I can't help feeling that him getting angered (albeit righteous anger), did much at all to help things. The Divine is still ignored and desecrated to this day. Maybe that was a small mistake. But I'm far from someone who can judge this matter correctly!

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
      Vladimir Uhriposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Jesus demonstrated in the temple that the place is holy and should not be abuse by anyone. Jesus never made mistake.

2. Electro-Denizen profile image83
      Electro-Denizenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I tend to agree. It's just that his action made no difference to history at all. God knows that nothing changes on earth, nothing makes a difference really in an idealist sense. Only on a personal level do people develop. But Jesus'anger was correct.

3. rdcast profile image61

http://www.audiobible.com/bible/john_1.html
      Be Born-Again and receive the Holy Spirit. Then open your mouth concerning the Divinity of Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior.

4. Electro-Denizen profile image83

Thank you rdcast, I may give that a look. It's sad, but some churches are turned into wine bars or people's private homes these days - or ironically, into mosques, which I've seen. In that sense Jesus driving those guys out of the temple didn't work.

5. rdcast profile image61

Jesus Christ, Savior, Lord, King and Creator, warned against defiling the Worship of God. You can't create God into something He isn't. He is creating YOU. Learn by His Word, what that is to be.

6. Vegas Elias profile image60
      Vegas Eliasposted 12 years agoin reply to this

A very studied answer indeed. Actually we do not know whether the incident in the temple or so many other incidences which contradict each other are real incidences at all.
      The incident in the temple might have been a deliberate and studied action.

5. profile image0
    Old Empresarioposted 12 years ago

I thought it was a little mean of him when he made one of his disciples abandon his father's dead body without burying it.

You are repeating yourself from another question by the same author. Are you stalking me with this statement? I would suggest you face your own apprehensions.

MT 8:21 And another of his disciples said unto him, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury m

6. rdcast profile image61
    rdcastposted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ is perfection and will not change. For the lost who refuse to accept His living words of redemption, can only twist themselves in a vain struggle to justify their own useless existence. They will only listen to the faithful's witness when they are made humble despite their sins. Those are opportunities when our Holy Spirit will provide direction.. Struggling in disputes with the lost, becomes our own vanity and lacks the direction from the Holy Spirit. Indeed, we are commanded not to welcome or bid farewell to such Antichrists.

1. Electro-Denizen profile image83

that wipes out quite a of the world's population, children brought up in other cultures, tribes who have never heard of Jesus etc ... Every religion uses pretty much the same arguments that support the notion that their figure of worship is THE one.

2. rdcast profile image61

God won't honor your complaint Electro-Denizen. Antichrists are those who actively and willfully reject Jesus Christ as the resurrected Savior and Son of the only God. The Word of God handles the issue of those never witnessed to. Read it.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image83

Don't want to be mean, but it's so much easier to try and get others to come round to one's own point of view (with us or against us mentality) rather than doing genuine work on oneself. Get a passport. Travel widely. Read widely.

4. rdcast profile image61

You perceive I'm trying to convert the willfully blind. You get my point. When it's too late, the same will beg to gain what they rejected all their lives. My only prayer for such people is for their hour of desperation comes before then.

5. Electro-Denizen profile image83

Sigh. :-)  God bless you

6. rdcast profile image61

You realize, by saying that, you've made both a witness and prayer? I don't believe my mind can not pray for very long, if at all. Whenever I speak with you, or whomever, amen should be implied.

7. rdlang05 profile image80

Unfortunately its comments like this that make people hate Christians...

8. cruelkindness profile image65
      cruelkindnessposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Do you think I except his existence?

Cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

9. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Except, yes. Accept, no. I pray you do accept His free gift of salvation before it's too late. Time is drawing short.

10. cruelkindness profile image65

Can I believe in him an only him. Cause I do not believe estimated 40 people who wrote the bible 100 years after Jesus death. He is only mention in the Gospel of Matthew, the Gospel of Mark, the Gospel of Luke and the Gospel of John.

11. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Incorrect cruel - He is mentioned in Genesis and His coming is prophesied in the OT. The Bible has more historicity than other well known ancient texts and 100 yrs. is not a long time.

12. cruelkindness profile image65

I beg to differ Dubuquedogtrainer Jesus is not mentioned by name, it is your assumption that it is him. The Bible devotes some 500 verses on prayer, less than 500verses on faith, but over 2000 verses on money and possessions. Not my Jesus?

13. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Cruel - have you ever read the Bible?

14. cruelkindness profile image65

Yes which one.  There is so many, its been changed, translated, revised so many times and only about 60% of any Bible you pick up is consistent with the rest.  I believe in Jesus and the message he tried to give us and ONLY HIM. I don't believe in re

15. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Are you born again? If so, why do you have the name, "cruelkindness?" Have you read the KJV? Of course, the devil knows the Bible, doesn't he?

16. cruelkindness profile image65

Are you asking these questions to me because you think i'm the one who needs to know Jesus?  Jesus was disgusted by the rich and powerful. He did not want us to idolize nothing including himself. Correct me if I am wrong. Name is cause the truth can

17. Dubuquedogtrainer profile image61

Cruel - you do not make sense. I'm done with this discussion. Got other things to do.

18. cruelkindness profile image65

Dubuquedogtrainer - I will take your comment to my last statement being correct. People are so angry. We both mutually believe in Jesus. Why so defensive when I never said anything hurtful or cruel.  Hum... ?  And I enjoyed our comments of questions.

19. rdcast profile image61

PS 29:2 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

20. cruelkindness profile image65

Psalms 29:2 Give unto Jehovah the glory of his name; worship Jehovah in holy splendour. King David, I like them both. You?

21. rdcast profile image61

The KJV is the only public domain translation. Commercial translations such as the Darby Bible, are useful and thoughtful. The 21st Century KJV along with the VW are also good.

22. cruelkindness profile image65

Ah! kindness is being served at the table of humankind.

Cruelkindness (Subliminally Thoughtless)

23. rdcast profile image61

An infinitely more accurate and inspired living translation is that which the Holy Spirit writes on the fleshy tablets of our hearts.

7. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

Jesus was born and raised just as anyone would be.  He lived a life in the flesh of a human being and yet not once did He sin.  No mistakes did He ever make.

Your sentiment is correct, but would you agree that our Lord lived in the Spirit, yet walked among us in a body of flesh, complete with all human needs? Though He sinned not. Praise be God!!!

8. profile image0
    oceansiderposted 12 years ago

Jesus Christ is God, He cannot make mistakes.  God is perfect!

We both know this, yet it can't register with the spiritually blind. So why should we EVER posture as if we should defend God Almighty? The lost need to stew in their pointless vanity. Eventually, they will lose energy for attack, if indeed God calls

2. Electro-Denizen profile image83

rdcast you weren't brought up Muslim or Hindu... 'Pointless vanity' - very judgmental and hard words. I doubt they could be used of people who have been drawn to a life of prayer in God from different backgrounds but who don't see Jesus like u do :-)

3. rdcast profile image61

E-D, you poke at me from many angles. Vanity is Satan's nickname and another name for sin. It slimes its way into all our lives. The willfully blind are kept form understanding. Vanity owns them till fate of desperation finds them.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)