jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Have you ever had an experience where someone almost died and you risked your li

1. sir_tallest profile image62
    sir_tallestposted 5 years ago

Have you ever had an experience where someone almost died and you risked your life to save the perso

i have and though I failed....it was painful

2. DeanCash profile image61
    DeanCashposted 5 years ago

Lots of times, yes. Most of them were unexpected circumstances. I remember I was at the gas station to buy a kerosene for camping and I got this couple wherein the pregnant wife fainted, I was barely 13, I think it just instinct that help me save the wife.  The husband, now an attorney, recalls the story and remember me well.

In scuba diving - twice. First one when I'm on vacation with friends-it was a drunk guy who took a plunge. Second time when I'm training for my rescue diving-it was an accident with another diver who got stuck with an abandon fish net underwater.

And there are lots of other stories. I thank God that all of them were OK.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image97
    FatFreddysCatposted 5 years ago

I wouldn't say I "risked my life," but I once yanked a friend out of the way of an oncoming bus. He was walking across the street, had headphones on and didn't hear or see it coming. I yelled out his name but he didn't hear me so I grabbed him by the collar of his jacket and yanked him back onto the curb just before the bus flew by.
    If memory serves, after that experience I drank for free whenever we went out together for a very long time.

4. profile image59
    Squirrelgonzoposted 5 years ago

Sometimes you try your best and it's just that person's time to go. At that point-it doesn't matter how many little things you missed or how perfect everything turned out. Either way you should not let it prevent you from trying to help others. Guilt from doing nothing is worse than trying to help and watching someone slip away.

5. Catherine Kane profile image81
    Catherine Kaneposted 5 years ago

Gaming by candlelight, and a friend's hair caught on fire. I shrieked, leaped around the table and beat the flames out.

By the by, it feels good to know that, if things got crazy, you have good instincts...