jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Where do our thoughts originate and where are they going?

1. Richawriter profile image93
    Richawriterposted 5 years ago

Where do our thoughts originate and where are they going?

Do our thoughts originate in the ether that permeates all space or is this machine-like body responsible for thoughts too?

2. LaThing profile image73
    LaThingposted 5 years ago

Hmmm..... That's one heavy question!! I will sit and wait with you, and see 'who' can answer this........ *_*

Richawriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, a question that has bugged me for a while now. I have always believed thoughts originate in the ether and are also stored there, like a vast sea.

3. Electro-Denizen profile image82
    Electro-Denizenposted 5 years ago

Love the question. My view is that the body is just a piece of meat incapable of thought without it being inhabited by the various subtle bodies that surround someone's 'I' consciousness. Unexplained weightloss at death etc. pointing the way forward...

Richawriterposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I agree. Our bodies are merely spacesuits. I heard that somewhere and it seems to be an appropriate name for our bodies.

4. Jewels profile image84
    Jewelsposted 5 years ago

I have studied this extensively and have written several hubs on the topic.  You are most welcome to take a look - Consciousness, Thoughts and the Brain, Meditation shows thoughts are beyond the brain, and What's with the light bulb above the head.  The experiences are tangible, so much so that the origin of thoughts can be felt.  Our brain, the physical organ is not the originator of thoughts, but the receptor.  Thoughts stimulate the brain and body through our amazingly complex nervous system.  The ability to have slowed down thoughts to such an extent as to actually see the mechanism of them has been a phenomenal experience.

There is a lot of context as to what we tap into as far as the 'super highway' of thoughts, too much to place in a small space here.  Having the experience of it is mind blowing - literally!

Closed to reply

working