jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (4 posts)

Do Buddhists believe in God?

1. Vegas Elias profile image27
    Vegas Eliasposted 5 years ago

Do Buddhists believe in God?

I am not sure of this. Some time back I heard from someone or read somewhere that God too was created some time long back.

2. MickS profile image70
    MickSposted 5 years ago

Buddhists consider a god to be just another being that is subject to the laws of becoming, the Wheel of Life, and like the rest of us is subject to Kama and Rebirth, and has earned his position in a heaven world through past merit.

1. lalhtt profile image61
      lalhttposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Please read the content from below link

3. PDPoole profile image72
    PDPooleposted 5 years ago

To the best of my personal experiences and studies , Buddhism as a set of  clear and valid instructions for men to follow(or not follow) does not speculate on the existence or non existence of any deity, and considers an Awakened Being (Buddha) to be superior than any deity or deities, as those deities are subject to the workings of karma. A Buddha is an entity that has attained moksha(spiritual liberation) from the cyclical wheel called samsara( the wheel of birth and death), and will never again be a karma creator by his actions.
    Belief in any deity does NOT counter  the majority of Buddhist lessons, when one considers that the Buddha taught about how to control Mind and then Body...If you choose to have a belief in any deity, it will not be harmed or changed by following Buddhist teachings. Right Speech is "right" for everyone..be they Buddhist...Christian..Jew...doesn't matter. The same goes for Karuna (compassion)...we should never base the use of compassion on whether or not we believe the same as the one we are caring for...