jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do you blame God ever?

1. anupma profile image80
    anupmaposted 5 years ago

Do you blame God ever?

I read John Milton sonnet "On His Blindness". In the beginning line he blames God for his blindness. Do you ever feel that God has done some injustice to you? If yes, please share the reason?

2. Angelme566 profile image59
    Angelme566posted 5 years ago

NO we should never blame God , blame yourself , people around but never God ,  forever you are indebted to God.

3. Ugly Honest profile image76
    Ugly Honestposted 5 years ago

I never blame HIM outright. I wrestle with why certain things could happen at certain times. I've screamed and questioned and asked for reasons but I don't feel I've ever blamed HIM. Funny you should ask because just this morning I was at a point where I was whining to GOD about who could possibly benefit from certain situations that keep recurring over and over and over in my family. But of course it's the free will of the individuals involved that let those trends continue.  So I guess the simple answer is No I don't blame HIM for anything, but I do occasionally doubt HIS methods and just what HE will allow .... But I know that's rather unwise and useless ....HE'S GOD .... I'm not

4. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

No, I really don't.  Sometimes I do question and wonder "why" on certain things.  But as a Christian, I do feel it is my shortcoming, not His, when I do not understand things.

5. M. T. Dremer profile image97
    M. T. Dremerposted 5 years ago

From an atheist's perspective, since there is no god, there would be no point in blaming him for bad things that happen. If you're born blind it was likely because of some sort of medical or biological abnormality that occurred during your mother's pregnancy. In some cases it can be attributed to poor health habits on the mother's part, and in others it's just a very unlucky hand of cards. But atheists don't discriminate; neither good nor bad occurrences are attributed to god.

working