jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Do you believe that god has spoken to you?

1. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

Do you believe that god has spoken to you?

i seriously want to know how many people believe god has spoken to them? this train of thought intrigues me.

2. Lady Summerset profile image80
    Lady Summersetposted 5 years ago

Greetings nightwork4, God, Our Father, has spoken to me many times over the years of relationship that I've had with Him.  Often times in dreams, a still small voice, sometimes it's an URGE to get up, move and He shows me something.  Back in 2002 I kept having this dream where I kept "seeing" this child.  I took it to be my son because that's who I literally saw in the dreams over an eight month period.  One day, while at work, my husband called and said that he had gotten a call from my son's ex-girlfriend and she had a "baby!"  Nine months prior we had been told that she had an abortion but apparently did go through with it but we had NO knowledge of her being pregnant after that point.  Well, I tell you this boy looks so much like my son in his various ages that when I was showing my grandson pictures of his father, he thought it was him.  The cable guy came over and my grandson was at home with his grandfather and the cable guy saw the picture of my son on the wall and told my husband what a nice picture of his grandson.  My husband laughed and told him that it was a picture of his father over 20 years ago!

The Holy Spirit has given me messages for other people as encouragement, warnings, and direction.  Prayer is another vehicle in which He speaks and gives comfort, direction, and encouragement.  If you seek Him, you shall find Him!

Love and Peace to you!

1. Ellana317 profile image79
      Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

I love it!!!  You are so right about the seeking.

3. jonnycomelately profile image84
    jonnycomelatelyposted 5 years ago

If Lady Summerset feels that was God speaking to her, I respect her belief.  I hold no belief in any such being.

I have felt something inexplicable influencing my life on a few occasions, but would not call that "god."  I cannot know the nature of that influence, whether it be metaphysical or something else.  Who knows?  Maybe there are electromagnetic radiations that work on us in some way.  Not important that I know one way or the other.

Beliefs can be very strong motivators of courage, solace, hope.

4. Super Lux profile image60
    Super Luxposted 5 years ago

yes i do.  God speaks in every way.  He greets us good morning through the sunrise.  He speaks about His love through the testimonies of the people we hear or see and even through our lives.  Once I was very down because I was torn between giving up or holding on when i saw this statement on a shirt: Get over it!.  I had to laugh.  i really felt it was for me.  haha

5. Ellana317 profile image79
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Yes definitely, in all truth I believe that God speaks to me daily.  Sometimes it's as subtle as "go back and make sure you unplugged the iron."  Other times it's as serious as, "put your seatbelt on Ellana".  Just so happened, a minute after I put my seatbelt on I was rearended by a semi truck and had my car knocked 2-3 miles from where i oringinally was.  My car was totaled and I made it out with a sprained back.  So yes, God speaks to me.  He is always speaking whether it's through the bible, signs, dreams, or other people.  Again, God is always speaking... The question is, are you listening?

6. profile image0
    ExoticHippieQueenposted 5 years ago

I used to think that people who said that God spoke to them were crazy.  God does not talk to you.  Well............then I started to realize that it is not actually God's voice, but a quiet inner voice that is the voice of God.  He speaks to each of us, but it's simply a matter of whether or not we choose to listen.

1. IDONO profile image81
      IDONOposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love your answer. Your right; God doesn't accept us; we accept him.

7. backporchstories profile image80
    backporchstoriesposted 5 years ago

I beleive we all are hitting the bullseye on this question.  Something greater and bigger than us or something of unknown complexity is directing, to those who will listen, rather it be voice, vision or circumstance that rises as the vehicle of the sacred message!

8. fitmom profile image84
    fitmomposted 5 years ago

I do. He speaks to me daily. He's concerned with everything in our life- even the seemingly trivial things. It all matters to Him. I explain Him talking to me as a loud thought that at times can be almost a nagging or persistent thought. At times, He is telling me to check on my children. When I listen, I catch them just before they get hurt. When I don't listen and want to finish whatever I'm working on first, they end up getting hurt. I try to always stop what I'm doing and act on it when I have this happen.

Many times when I've been driving I will hear him tell me to slow down. Sure enough, just around the corner was a speed trap. One time I slowed down and ended up barely hitting a deer. If I hadn't slowed down, the deer would've been in my windshield.

We have to be receptive to His voice and choose to listen. At one time in my life, I started praying that He would speak to me and give me wisdom and guide me. It's amazing how He answers prayers. He desires for us to talk to Him and be close to Him. Life is completely different for me since I've matured spiritually (an ongoing process).

9. IDONO profile image81
    IDONOposted 5 years ago

Yes. But I believe God speaks to us by intuition. When I say I work his will, ultimately decisions are mine to make. But they are influenced by how God would feel about the decision I made. He allows me choice, which leads to wrong decisions. But he also provides me a way to make those wrong decisions right. That is what an amend is.
         God gave me a conscience. That is how he intuitively lets me know right from wrong.

10. maharg1956 profile image72
    maharg1956posted 5 years ago

There are some wonderful, inspiring answers and comments in this hub, from the people who have replied.

I think there is a general direction in most of the replies which I agree with and that is that god's voice is that quiet,reassuring, inner voice that we hear. I am so sure that he speaks to me and has performed so many wonderful and miraculous deeds, not so much in my life, but in the lives of those close to me who I pray for.

I just know that the 'voice' I hear (which is not actually a voice which is heard) must be god because every time it speaks, it makes far more sense than I ever could and says the things that I have never been able to find the words to think or say.

Thank you for asking the question because it has been possible to say 'I believe in god and I also believe he speaks to me . . to all of us"

When I try to say these things to family or friends, they humour me but with an attitude that says "for goodness sake, this is the 21st century. Have you never heard of science"

Well, who do they think actually created all the science around us??!!