jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

What is your purpose for living?

1. sethpowers profile image69
    sethpowersposted 5 years ago

What is your purpose for living?

I think it's to achieve happiness, but I'm not totally sure in what capacity. Is personal happiness enough or should it be shared? Or is it something entirely different?

2. alancaster149 profile image84
    alancaster149posted 5 years ago

How about writing pages for your fellow Hubbers - isn't that purpose enough?
    Seriously though, I'm still looking but in the meantime I'm writing books and Hub-pages. When I hit on the answer I'll probably write a hub about it!

3. Darrell Roberts profile image70
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

To achieve bliss. The spirit wants to be happy, no one wants to suffer. Sharing my happiness with others and trying to encourage a more peaceful world are my purposes for living. 

I wonder some days do we really need a purpose.  I am just as happy laying on the beach doing nothing, as I am doing charity work.

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Get ready for a paradox: living with no purpose could be your method for achieving joy, thus you still have a purpose.

4. kygirl89 profile image61
    kygirl89posted 5 years ago

"Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man." Ecclesiastes 12:13.
    I'm going to go along with what God and the wisest man, Solomon had to say on the matter.

sethpowersposted 5 years agoin reply to this

That's not a purpose, that's a paradigm. But thanks anyway!

working