jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (19 posts)

Have you ever completely lost your faith in God?

1. Ellana317 profile image78
    Ellana317posted 5 years ago

Have you ever completely lost your faith in God?

What caused you to lose your faith and did you ever regain it?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6841353_f260.jpg

2. KevinTimothy profile image81
    KevinTimothyposted 5 years ago

No way!!!! I know better than that. Between my upbringing and personal testaments (time and time again) I would never think about betraying my God like that. 

It never ceases to amaze me just how many atheists there are in the world.  People ask the question, "how do you know he's real?" My response is to just try Him and the word and you'll see. It really does work.

Regardless of how grim a situation may have seemed in my life I never drifted away, just drew closer.

Ellana317posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love it!

3. Lady Summerset profile image81
    Lady Summersetposted 5 years ago

No, but it has been severely challenged!  I've been tempted to cross over the threshold of faith but every time I get there the "seed of faith" stirs in my soul and reminds me that He's already brought me through so much already.  He's never failed me, my faith increases and I throw my hand up and tell the Lord I trust you!

http://www.tumblr.com/blog/heartofawomanministries

Indeed it will be challenged but I truly believe that real faith is immoveable.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

No. Not even close.

My faith in God has been tried, tested, and tempered. My faith does not rest in my feelings, but in the unshakable and perfect character of Christ. Losing my faith in air, is preferable to losing my faith in Him.

So true...

5. Collisa profile image84
    Collisaposted 5 years ago

Great question!
    I lost my marriage due to problems with a church, leaving me a friendless single mom for a while; so I guess I'm a candidate. However, I haven't, because following Jesus was never about him giving me the perfect, happy life here on earth.
    God has been with me throughout my trials, and I've found him to be the faithful Friend who can turn anything around for our growth and blessing.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I like how you think, Collisa. May God be with you and yours.

2. Virtuous1 profile image61
      Virtuous1posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Love your testimony Collisa you remain faithful and just like you said Jesus never promised us a rose garden that we will walk through..AMEN

3. Ellana317 profile image78

You guys are truly an encouragement.  Awesome!!!  :-)

6. Virtuous1 profile image61
    Virtuous1posted 5 years ago

No way! I will never lose my faith in God He's my  everything when others left and did not stand by my side He was...now my faith gets challenged and that is to make me develop and grow but never will I lose my faith in God I don't care what the enemy tries to bring my way...been serving Jesus for 25 plus years can't give up now it's getting sweeter everyday and the best is yet to come...when He calls me home to be with Him

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

With a faith like that, no wonder you are called the Virtuous1.You go girl!!!  :0)

2. Ellana317 profile image78

Preachhhhh!  :-)

3. Collisa profile image84
      Collisaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words!

4. Virtuous1 profile image61

thank you both Cj and Ellana

7. penlady profile image60
    penladyposted 5 years ago

I lost my faith temporarily. There have been times when things were going so bad in my life that I questioned God about why they were happening. It was doing those times that I lost my faith.

But I always came back! You have to go back to God because it's Him that we need. I believe God in all His mercy and knowing that the flesh is weak, forgives us for losing our faith.

1. Virtuous1 profile image61

lady you came back sis..praise God

2. Lady Summerset profile image81
      Lady Summersetposted 5 years agoin reply to this

So glad you made it back into the arms of the One who loves you most!  Hallelujah!

working