jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (5 posts)

An Apology Idea?

1. He Who Triumphs profile image59
    He Who Triumphsposted 5 years ago

An Apology Idea?

Hey everyone, I've had an idea for a while, and I wanted to see what you thought about it. Though I have a deep love for the Church of the body of Christ, I know they've done a lot to hurt themselves, their cause, Christians, and non-Christians. I'm a member of the worldwide congregation, so I thought about forming blogs/video blogs apologizing to the world for specific things the Church has done. I know I'm gonna step on some toes, but think of how many people hate Christians now, because of how poor of an example of Christ we've been lately....  What do you think?

2. nochance profile image94
    nochanceposted 5 years ago

I think video blogs would be the way to go. It's more personal than words on the page and many obnoxious Christians are known for their inflammatory remarks on forums and websites. This would especially work well if you can get 3-4 other people to participate with you so you become known as a group trying to do this, not just an individual.

You would want it to be mostly scripted so that your words and intent are clear but with some improvisation to make it more human.

If you did this as a youtube channel in combination with a website I think you could really gain a following. Especially if you were willing to put the effort in to connect it to social networking sites such as twitter and facebook.

3. He Who Triumphs profile image59
    He Who Triumphsposted 5 years ago

Nochance, that is the answer I was hoping for, thank you so much. Now I will definitely endeavor on this project as much as I can. Two jobs can kind of hinder a filming schedule, but I know I can do it with a team. Thanks again!

1. nochance profile image94
      nochanceposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You are very welcome. If you did some promotion I think you would be able to get quite a few viewers, just be prepared for the onslaught of unwelcome comments. Don't let them deter you and keep you from working on this project.

4. a49eracct profile image60
    a49eracctposted 5 years ago

Just be careful, and know that most won't be willing to listen.

working