jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Submission: Good word or Bad?

1. UPStar profile image60
    UPStarposted 8 years ago

Last night at church we watched a video with John Bevere called Under Cover. It was excellent. there were some great points, like how Adam and Eve resisted Gods authority and later tried to get back under the same covering they had earlier wanted out of. We tend to think we will be free if we escape authority, but real freedom is found in submitting to God. Not SUBJECTION to God. We are not forced! We choose to follow Him, and find out "Whoa! I am FREE."
    Example: Lets say I decide God is stupid and I should be able to drink and party all I want. Then I find myself a slave to those things, they take hold of me and make me act dumb and I face a lot of losses. If I then instead decide to follow God (talking christian belief here) I find I no longer desire those things and they no longer have a grip on me!
    thoughts?

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

You are submitting to god is submitting to your higher self or  to your inner self and its the best thing one can do. smile

1. UPStar profile image60
        UPStarposted 8 years agoin reply to this

yeah, I guess it does seem obvious, now. LOL. It just struck me how often authority is seen as something to fight, when in following Good authority, it is really freeing!

1. mohitmisra profile image60
          mohitmisraposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Thats true smile

2. aka-dj profile image77
    aka-djposted 8 years ago

Submission.
    Good or bad?
    Both, & neither. It all depends on the circumstance. If I am required to submit to authority, say Police directing traffic, it's good.
    If a salesman wants to "sell" me something I don't want or need and I submit to the presuure, that's bad.
    As far as submission to the will of God, (provided I know it) is always good. To reject His will (universal will...say salvation etc) is bad.
    I think its to do with end results. Will they be good for me, or detrimental?
    big_smile big_smile big_smile

working