jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (9 posts)

What is the importance of preaching gospel in this present world?

1. Iamsam profile image81
    Iamsamposted 5 years ago

What is the importance of preaching gospel in this present world?

2. jacobkuttyta profile image77
    jacobkuttytaposted 5 years ago

Preaching the Gospel is the most important thing of this age as we near the end of the world.  It is now or never situation as majority of the population is going to hell forever.   To pull out as much as possible, there is only one way, that is preaching the gospel continuously to the world.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image79
    SwordofManticorEposted 5 years ago

I have to disagree with jacobkuttyta, as I do not believe in the hell doctrine. The importance of preaching about the good news is to give the heathen hope. To tell them that Salvation has nothing to do with our efforts, as it was the plan of our Father before creation. So they will know His true love and mercy.

1. Jackie Lynnley profile image89
      Jackie Lynnleyposted 5 years agoin reply to this

If it is all preordained and no consequences then why would we need any truths?

2. SwordofManticorE profile image79
      SwordofManticorEposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Because the blessings of salvation start with us believers. Man during Christ's days lived in darkness without God. We were enemies to Him. Christ's obedience changed all that and the believers brought the light of God into the world.

4. ronbayjr profile image60
    ronbayjrposted 5 years ago

Because this present world is not the end. In order to be prepared for eternity, everyone needs a savior. The way, truth, and the life is Jesus Christ. There is no other name under heaven by which we must be saved.

5. Darrell Roberts profile image71
    Darrell Robertsposted 5 years ago

I do not think that preaching is as important as living by the word that one claims to follow.  I could go out and preach what ever I choose to preach, however, actions speak much louder than words.  There are too many wolves dressed in sheep's clothing.

Best wishes

1. jacobkuttyta profile image77
      jacobkuttytaposted 5 years agoin reply to this

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” How, then, can they call on the one they have not believed in? And how can they believe in the one of whom they have not heard? And how can they hear without someone preaching to them? 1And

6. manatita44 profile image84
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

For your own sake.
    If a community of 100 people hear about love and compassion, they will become loving and compassionate. This will ultimately help you. After all, you do not wish for hate, prejudice, injustice and so forth. This is already happening as the importance of the Godly life is lost in schools.
    Be grateful to the man you help, for you help yourself. The microcosm is the same as the macrocosm. The bad President or Prime Minister has come from us and grew with us. His decisions affects us all. So it is important to serve. I do not know about preaching. Use your life as an example for others, while recognising that they too, have their story. Feel as if humanity is being elevated for the benefit of the Divine or creation, if you like.
    "Do the work of this world as if you were always going to inhabit it.
    Do the work of the other world, as if you were going there tomorrow." - unknown

working