Why do atheists preach against God but hate when believers preach about Him?

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (226 posts)
  1. profile image0
    roobposted 8 years ago

Why do atheists preach against God but hate when believers preach about Him?

Atheists think Christians are foolish. Well it has been a long time & God has not been proven false! I constantly hear them preach against the Lord yet get angry when Christians preach to them. This is the definition of hypocritical. These people that think they are so educated and smart, actually are preaching hypocrisy. Why do you think this is? Feel free to answer, nobody's honest answers will be deleted or blocked!

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12948573_f260.jpg

2. Sandi Kroeger profile image70
    Sandi Kroegerposted 8 years ago

You state " I constantly hear them preach again the Lord..." Where do you hear people who are "constantly" preaching against the Lord? I am a Christian but I do know some atheists. They don't constantly preach to me about anything and I think...maybe... it's because I don't preach to them.  Just a thought...

1. profile image0
      roobposted 8 years agoin reply to this

How about all the famous atheists who debate the Lord constantly. Their messages are spread just like the Bible's. How about all the average people who preach that Christians are intolerant & complain when Christians try to spread their message.

2. Sandi Kroeger profile image70
      Sandi Kroegerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Where are these famous atheists? I don't see them around and I don't go looking for them. And what average people? I know many and they are not intolerant of me or my beliefs nor are they trying to spread their religious views to others.

3. profile image0

Ok the average people would be all the atheists on here. You don't see all those questions and hubs?(: Also if you go on youtube there are famous atheists that have as many views as your famous music artists!(: These atheists debate believers @events

4. profile image0
      jonnycomelatelyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Christians are intolerant and complain....when atheists choose to state their point of view.... Robert, you seem to be one of those sort of Christian.

5. Lj Danas profile image68
      Lj Danasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Because religion and belief in god is just as dangerous as fake medicine.

6. profile image0

Well actually there are cases where people were prayed over and doctors didn't know how they medically could get better. So it is better than fake medicine. Not saying God always heals or medicine is bad. But I am saying unexplainable cures do happen

7. profile image0

Robert, I strongly recommend that you open your young mind to infinite possibilities.  That includes the possibility others have knowledge and points of view which might be more valid than your own  -  regardless of biblical reference.

3. whomtheSonsetFree profile image61
    whomtheSonsetFreeposted 8 years ago

That's a most interesting question. One which I think only an atheist can answer. Although I do not think they will answer honestly.

You've posed a question I often have asked myself and could not figure out. They, atheists, constantly attack a Deity they claim does not exists. Yet if He does not exist to them why are they so fervently opposed to Him in whom they say they do not believe?

Again, a great question.

1. profile image0

Thank you Susan that is exactly what I am getting at! Glad you understand.
      Seriously if He is fake... why waste all your time... and why Him specifically. Lol have a great one!

2. Ericdierker profile image48
      Ericdierkerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I know someone, an atheist who complains about being preached at but she publishes articles and question on the subject of religion. It is very strange. I would hope there are some honest answers here from atheists.

3. profile image0

Hmm I think I know that lady.

4. profile image0
      SonOfSkyrim201posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Well if there were no God, there would be no atheists. I guess he must exist then.

5. Link10103 profile image61
      Link10103posted 8 years agoin reply to this

He does. In all of his noodle-like glory.

6. profile image0
      SonOfSkyrim201posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Ok I lost you there.

7. Annsalo profile image85
      Annsaloposted 8 years agoin reply to this

All hale FSM!!! Lmao link! I think you lost them!

8. profile image0

Haha well a you never know is better than a no!

9. profile image51
      iwfcybposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Not a very good start if you're already assuming that the answer wouldn't be an honest answer.  I'd happily give you MY honest answer, but don't really see the point as regardless of my sincerity, you'll assume dishonesty.

10. Misfit Chick profile image74
      Misfit Chickposted 8 years agoin reply to this

What an offensive statement: Although I do not think they will answer honestly. I've been told that before (bcuz C's can't believe we believe how we believe). However, I'm Agnostic, maybe opinions like mine don't count. in this silly debate.

11. profile image0

You sure play the victim a lot Catherine. Anyone can sit there and play that guilt game. Christian, non Christian, muslim, gay, straight, anyone can. Are you seriously offended?
      I mean that is some thin skin...

4. Link10103 profile image61
    Link10103posted 8 years ago

It's astounding the lack of awareness people who ask this question in earnest have...

1. profile image0

Please elaborate...

2. Link10103 profile image61

How many of the atheists you're referencing came out of the blue and started attacking God/religion, rather than voicing their opinions/complaints only after being preached to repeatedly by Christians?

3. tsadjatko profile image68
      tsadjatkoposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Roob,he always starts off demeaning whom he addresses on a topic of disagreement.He is so insecure he feels he has to label you as not worthy of the discussion even before it starts.This is a very insecure individual,justly so as you'll see.

4. profile image0

I didn't do a study on that. However I do find it odd that Islam is the fastest growin religion & is causing violence yet Christianity is the religion repeatedly attacked. Some atheists preach to an audience of atheists & sell books. Sound si

Like I mentioned to you on my hub you commented on Roob, Christianity is the dominant religion where most of the atheists here on HP live, Islam as a minority is not the immediate concern.
      Still doesnt mean people like it any more than Christianity.

6. profile image0

You think the world should be more concerned about Christianity right now than Islam?

7. Link10103 profile image61

I didnt say the world, and I never said Islam isnt a concern. You aren't wrong to say it's a potential threat, but Christianity in places like the US influence peoples daily lives more than Islam does, which is why u see it "preached" about so often.

8. profile image0

Yes but why is it not politically correct to attack Islam but Christianity is fair game. Not just here but also in the media. Hate crimes against Jews are not nearly reported as much as Muslims. However there are way more against Jews.

9. Link10103 profile image61

Dunno. My only guess would be that the overwhelming stigma of Islam/Muslims bleeds into attacking those who have little/even nothing to do with Islam and there are people wanting to prevent that.

Obviously, there is such a thing as going overboard.

10. profile image0

interesting to say the least

11. profile image51

Link said it exactly right.  Christians are who we interact with every day.  And although 99.999% aren't terrorists, things like separation of church/state, legislature, etc, is still something that needs discussing here in America, so we discuss it

12. profile image0

Well the Christians are being killed in a genocide in the middle east by Islamic terrorists. We should be talking about the Christians... saving them! We aren't at war with Christians... but instead proclaimed muslims

13. jlpark profile image76
      jlparkposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Actually, media only report a small
      Amount of the terror attacks -ISIS has killed more Muslims than Christians. And if you think Christianity isn't violent, you've not studied its history. Islam is a younger faith. Extremists of any faith are danger

14. profile image0

Jacqui the quran tells its MODERN DAY followers to be violent. While the Bible does not tell it's MODERN DAY followers to partake in violence. If you study the Bible you would know. Are you a bible scholar? If so u r the first gay bible scholar lol.

15. jlpark profile image76

No, But r you a scholar of the Quran or just spouting what you've heard? I've studied parts of the Bible, scholar? No. However, there r plenty of pastors calling for violence using the Bible in modern times. Easy 2 ignr if it's not u they target tho

16. profile image0

Can I have a link to a pastor that is using the Bible calling for unjust violence?  You make the claim the burden of proof is on you, otherwise that seems like a pretty strong lie. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XYIea9pBA8 Here is my credible link!

17. Link10103 profile image61

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=w83kIAfuKoE

Seemed pretty straightforward.

18. profile image0

Again Leviticus is in the Old Testament and the New Testament is for modern day followers. Can we agree the world was a totally different place back then? It was a harsh world. But I can see how some ppl could wrongly adhere to the Old Testament.

19. Link10103 profile image61

As if the world wasnt mightily different at the time of the NT either? Lol...

I dont think theres any wrong adherence to the OT roob, unless you can point out specifically where the NT completely nullifies the OT?

If there's none, ppl cherry pick.

20. profile image0

Here ya go Link I got a couple of links to the scriptures because they are a lil long for here!(:
      https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s … ersion=NIV
      https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/Luke%2016%3A16 if u want more jus s

5. Annsalo profile image85
    Annsaloposted 8 years ago

Not once, outside of conversations with my husband, have I ever initiated a debate in real life with a believer. Not once have I stood on the corner and yelled my beliefs. Not one time have I attended a festival for the sake of passing out pamphlets of my beliefs. Not one time have I ever knocked on someone's door to tell them what I believe in. Not one time have I asked for anyone's money to support my beliefs. Not one time have I ever tried to force my beliefs on anyone, not even my children. Outside of the internet where exactly are all these preaching atheists?
    I mean a large amount of us hide behind our screens as the only place we can openly talk about our views because these days it is easier for many to come out as gay than come out as atheist.
    We have laws being made that are religious based, a country that thinks we need to force indoctrination of school children, and people who think they have a right to preach to children at festivals and street corners. So at some point atheists have to speak up. We are a minority in this country. If we don't speak up we will lose our rights. There are between 600,000 and 1 million preachers in the USA alone. Surely a handful of known "Famous atheists" can express their opinion right?
    And for the record, most of us do not preach against your god, you can't preach against something that isn't real. The only preaching against is directed at the people who believe and try to force others into believing the same.

1. profile image0

You don't go around hubpages telling your beliefs? Because I went to the activity on your profile & it shows that you have commented in many religious hubs & the things you said defiantly weren't for God of the Bible. You weren't forced to re

2. Annsalo profile image85

I post my beliefs when there is a question asked, again in case you failed to read my post I said IN REAL LIFE. I also followed that up with specifically mentioning online. Or were u so busy trying to attack something I said that you failed to read?

3. profile image0

I was commenting to the OTR part at the end where you say you do not preach against unless people try to force. Well you don't have to read hubs of believers but you have preached against God there. I didn't fail to read.

4. Annsalo profile image85

Please name one hub, by a believer I have commented on with this account, because I have zero memory of ever doing that, only in Q and A. You asked for an honest answer, and I provided one.

5. profile image0

I considered anything started by a user whether article or question to be a hub. I considered this page to be a hub. Now as far as articles go no I haven't seen you post in them about God just on threads like this.

6. Annsalo profile image85

Exactly! So am I preaching simply because I answer a question related to religion? I don't consider your question preaching, and I don't have an issue with MOST believers. I have no reason to group all believers the same.

7. profile image0

You said you only preach against God to people who try to force others to believe what they believe... you are not forced to look at or answer those or this question(s) is what I am saying. I am not saying you shouldn't or can't I am just saying u do

8. Annsalo profile image85

Then our difference of opinion is in the word PREACH. I don't see responding or answering as preaching. Preaching implies trying to convince, and well honestly I am not stupid enough to think I can convince anyone to believe as I do.

9. profile image0

Well I do believe I could convince people. I know people have convinced me of plenty of things with evidence. We can disagree what preaching means, but word of mouth is influential even text.

10. Misfit Chick profile image74

It really is weird how Christians get so offended by people responding to their hype. So many of them obviously have HUGE planks in their eyes to not be able to see their fault in anything. Logic = illogic is an amazing example of brainwashing.

11. profile image0

Well like I said with all the education people have gotten more violent. Technology and knowledge doesn't save you or make you a good civilized person. Some of the smartest people are the most evil. I am open to debate u seem offended.. often(:

12. Misfit Chick profile image74

That's just it - you're NOT 'open to debate' with the way you worded your 'question'. You've judge atheists for not believing in your fairytale. What about early C history and bible debunking if you're serious about debate?

13. profile image0

Go ahead and try to debunk it. I said I am open to debate. What don't you understand about that? I can have my opinions and be open to debate. Without an opinion how would I debate.

14. brimancandy profile image79
      brimancandyposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I agree with what some of you had said. I agree with Annsao, as people who are athiests don't preach that they atheist. They don't show up at your door asking you to join their religion or their church because they don't have one.

15. profile image0

Those are jehovah witness who show up at your door. The Christians DO NOT AGREE WITH THAT! Our Bible says people will twist the word of the Bible and that is what the Jehovahs do. Please don't compare us to them!

6. Aime F profile image70
    Aime Fposted 8 years ago

Please tell me that if in thousands of years someone has managed to prove that there's not an invisible creature living in my washing machine that sustains itself by eating my socks.  Seriously, go on, try to prove that something that you can't see/hear/feel DOESN'T exist.

It's impossible.  You're the one claiming that something exists and thus you are the one who is required to provide proof.  I could point to a spot in the air and say there's a miniature invisible unicorn floating there and you will NEVER be able to prove that it's not there because I'll just shut down every argument you give and say that I can FEEL its presence there so I know it to exist.

Anyway, I don't think Christians are foolish.   I love and respect many Christians who I consider to be very smart.  I don't agree with their view on God or religion but that's okay. We're all different. 

So why are atheists "always" talking about God?  Because Christianity is very common. Would you say that your Christian values shape a lot of your opinions on social issues?  People use their religion as justification for all sorts of things, like opposing equal rights for the LGBT and women, and things that affect everyone else's lives.

1. profile image0

Well that is where you are wrong!(: If science could prove where the world was made without a God or could prove it's theories then the Bible would be invalid. However science and technology can't prove it. Yes marriage is a man & woman by defini

2. Annsalo profile image85

+1 on your 3rd paragraph. I don't understand why many Christians think atheists don't like Christians or assume we must argue with our Christian friends.

3. profile image0

Foolish is lacking good sense or judgment. You think someone who gives their whole life up and lives their whole life for the Lord has good sense & judgement? Maybe you do to some! & you may like us but not what we live for.

4. Annsalo profile image85

My husband and one of my children are Christians. I assure you I don't think either of them are foolish! They have plenty of good attributes that make them, without that one thing being enough to make me think they are foolish!

5. profile image0

Fair enough! Out of all the atheists on here you are my favorite so far. I also have Lupus SLE, me & my mother both. With the Christians in your family you are obviously accepting & loving. Have a good one Annsalo!

6. Aime F profile image70
      Aime Fposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I think living in the way you think makes you the best person capable of doing the most good in this world is good sense and judgment.  For some people that's living as Christians.  I have no problems with that as long as kindness prevails.

7. tsadjatko profile image68

Aime, when you say you think "living in the way you think makes you the best person capable of doing the most good in this world is good sense and judgment." I think u need to rethink that statement. You realize you just said living the way

8. tsadjatko profile image68

a rapist thinks or a serial murderer thinks or a mobster thinks or a dictator thinks makes THEM the best person capable of doing the most good in this world is good sense and judgment.
      ????

9. Aime F profile image70

Lol. I'm saying that I don't think there's bad judgment in living life as a Christian and still getting attacked by Christians. Whatever man. There are obviously exceptions. For the most part I think people are doing the best they can.

10. tsadjatko profile image68

Aime,u couldn't be more wrong.The Bible says the best people can be is as filthy rags in God's eyes.Mankind is hopelessly sinful,not good,there is no one good.Without God anyone is right NOMATTER what they believe,who can say they aren't?

11. Aime F profile image70

That's an incredibly depressing view of humanity that I will never, ever share.

12. profile image0

God gives hope. Yes we all have twisted minds at times... but that doesn't mean you can't clean em up!

13. Link10103 profile image61

Do you think the only way to do that is through God?

14. Galaxy-Gal profile image60
      Galaxy-Galposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I spend very little time worrying about what other people believe.

15. profile image0

That is what I believe Link. I have tried the occult as in new age, Satan, other religions, atheism, & the only thing that cleaned up my honestly, twisted thoughts, was Christianity. That is my belief Link.

16. Link10103 profile image61

If it worked for you, great, but it's not a universal remedy for everyone.

I'm fine with Whatever beliefs people have, but once they assert it as fact, especially over other beliefs, be prepared to answer some questions...

17. profile image0

I'm open to questions and I don't wish to prove as fact I just wish to share what and why I believe. If it was pure fact there would be no faith. Which is what I believe is most important.

18. Misfit Chick profile image74

I think this is the way most non-Christians think about Christians - until they get 'in your face' with insisting things like 'science has not proven God doesn't exist". It HAS been proven - over and over again - that the bible has been manipulated.

19. profile image0

Show some proof that it is a fact God doesn't exist. I want a solid source that shows it is a fact God isn't real. Science hasn't proved otherwise, science is a lot of theory not all fact.

20. Misfit Chick profile image74

I'm not talking about 'God'. *I* believe God exists - I'm talking about the bible and the way Christians beat people over the head with it; when it has been proven to be a manipulating, man-written book. I have many examples of that in a hub.

21. profile image0

Where did the God you believe in come from? I mean where do you get your info about Him... in your head? What is His story? What does He teach? Is it what you want? Not examples... Proof that its fact.

22. Misfit Chick profile image74

Gosh, all that doesn't fit into a 250 character response - go read my hub or continue to believe that I don't know what I'm talking about. YOUR beliefs are not my problem until you insist that they are. wink

23. profile image0

Ok just so you know Christianity is where Jesus Christ came from. The Bible says people will twist the word and they will deny that Jesus Christ is God in the flesh. Your God is not the Christian God of the Bible, Jesus Christ. I am glad we agree.

24. Misfit Chick profile image74

I watched your video, TSAD - but, I'm not an atheist, maybe that is why. Ludicrous. How do you explain people like me who have come from Christiantity to become atheist or agnostics - like this former preacher? https://youtu.be/K-91oN4Km5U

25. profile image0

I thought you said you believed in God, how are you atheist then Catherine?

26. Misfit Chick profile image74

I'm pretty sure I just said that I wasn't an atheist - you will always find me siding with whichever side is being persecuted because I HATE all the fighting; and I believe all 'beliefs' have spiritual reasons to exists - including antitheism. wink

27. profile image0

You don't adhere to the teachings of the Christian Bible. Therefore u can believe in God but can we agree you arent a Christian as in a follower who believes Jesus Christ is God in flesh?" ppl like me come from christianity to become atheists"?! Wat

28. jlpark profile image76

No one can tell another they aren't a Christian. Faith is a personal journey with whichever God you worship. Just because one may not worship the same, doesn't mean you have the right to state who is and isn't a Christian. If anyone's job, it's God/s

29. Misfit Chick profile image74

What I meant was: how do people 'fall out' of Christianty - like me (an agnostic) and the former Evengelical preacher who became an atheist in the video. *I* used to be a Christian. That video claimed to 'know why' atheist think like they do. Stupid.

30. profile image0

If her beliefs that she stated are not that of the Bible then how is she a Christian? That is like a muslim who doesn't believe the quran? Lol. You said you believe then you said you are agnostic? How can u do both? Agnostic means u dnt show faith

31. jlpark profile image76

You said yourself - Christianity is a belief in the Christian God (and Jesus etc) - personal journey that you aren't privy to aside from yr own. Just becus yr interpretations of the Bible differ does not make her any less Christian (when she was).

32. profile image0

The Bible says those who deny Jesus Christ is God in the flesh are not true believers... they are twisting the Word. You want some scriptures? What if people picked and choose what laws they wanted to follow, is that okay with you too? Like murder?

33. Lj Danas profile image68
      Lj Danasposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Robert, the burden of proof is on the one claiming extraordinary things. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Technology can't prove God exists or not? Not yet. Why? Because science require actual evidence and not just on faith.

34. profile image0

Science has not proven its claims of evolution or the world being that old either. So that is my point I am saying yes Christianity hasn't been proven and neither has atheism!!! Both beliefs!(: Get what I am saying NOW?

35. Link10103 profile image61

Evolution - decades of experiments and observation, fossils.
      Age of the earth - radioactive dating, historical evidence.

Christianity and the biblical God - the Bible that consists of multiple unknown authors and recorded decades after the events...

7. tamarawilhite profile image86
    tamarawilhiteposted 8 years ago

Atheists see their non-theism as a generic belief system while religion is a religion and therefore more intense, more offensive.
    So they see you sharing religion as a bigger deal than themselves sharing non-faith, though it is more like pro-life and pro-abortion debating.

1. profile image0

Well Christians don't go around trying to censor atheists. They are open to debate with them and sharing the Word. At least that is what the Christian Bible preaches along with the Christian church. We understand a lot of ppl won't believe here.

2. jlpark profile image76

Can't anyone look up a definition? Atheism is the lack of belief in the existence of any God/s. It's a lack of belief, not a belief system.

3. Link10103 profile image61

Why bother looking up definitions when it's easier to make up your own so as to easily tear it down...

4. profile image0

So you don't believe in atheism. You don't believe there is no God. You can be all technical. But atheism is not believing in God aka BELIEVING there in no God. A belief. Is that so hard to understand? Oh wait a stance lol...

8. profile image55
    peter565posted 8 years ago

Well, it depends on people, most atheists don't preach against Christ, but do think Christianity is foolish. Personally, I do preach against Christ, because some of the teaching of the bible have cause problem for the western world, throughtout the past 1500 years and to a certain extend it is still doing it, otherwise, I won't care.

1. profile image0

What problems? Also you don't think the world is in more danger from Islamic terrorists? You think Christians should be the group we are concerned with? Do those verses hurt feelings more than bombs?

2. profile image55
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Chronicles 15:12-13 [And they entered into a covenant to seek the Lord, the God of their fathers, with all their heart and with all their soul, but that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death] Any better then ISIS?

3. The Indexer profile image79
      The Indexerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Robert, When Christianity was the age that Islam is now, its adherents were committing horrors that were just as terrible and extreme as anything done today by a tiny minority of Muslims - all in the name of a loving God it would appear!

4. profile image0

What atrocities did the Christians commit? Are you saying all wars are atrocities? You think we shouldn't fight ISIS? The new testament is the new law for believers and its about faith we don't fight anymore as a group we turn the other cheek!

9. B M Gunn profile image61
    B M Gunnposted 8 years ago

Well, antitheists believe that the belief in, and practice, of organized religion has an overall detrimental effect on society. This would explain why they both criticize religion, and may not particularly enjoy open expressions of religiosity.

You claim that this is hypocritical, although I truly cannot see how. There is nothing wrong with an atheist criticizing religion one minute, and then being displeased with some sort of religious practice or custom the next, just as long as he doesn't forcibly prevent them from doing it.

Using your logic, you might as well consider yourself, and every other person heavily invested in a controversial issue, a hypocrite. Another question you could've asked using this train of thought is "Why do believers preach about God, yet get angry when atheists preach against him?"

1. profile image0

I don't get angry when atheists have a debate with legit info. I don't want to hear I am tired of those Christians preaching to me. Well then don't talk about your atheism which is a religious view at all or your being hypocritical.

There is a difference between atheist and antitheist. Most atheists aren't antitheist. Atheism is merely the lack of belief in any God/s. Antitheism is that and more. I'm an atheist but not an antitheist.

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

If you do a search within Hubpages, many people have covered this topic several ways over from all sides - and most include 'legit info'. People can't list info in this constrictive Q&A slot. I suggest reading up on different people's perspective

4. profile image0

I need credible sources not a hub and if you make a claim like you did, the burden of proof is on you.

5. B M Gunn profile image61
      B M Gunnposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Jacqui-I'm aware of the difference between an atheist and antitheist. I'm assuming that if there is an atheist criticizing religion,there's a good chance they're an antitheist also. I should've made this clearer above. For the record, I'm antitheist.

6. jlpark profile image76

BM - was more for Roob than you. I figured you knew what you were on about. Sorry I wasn't clear

10. profile image51
    iwfcybposted 8 years ago

Both your question and your answer are fundamentally flawed.  Seeing as atheists (just like christians or any other group of people), are made up of individuals, all who undoubtedly have different thoughts and ideas...about everything.  Instead, a question that was intellectually honest and one that actually wanted real responses would have been posed to the atheist as an individual.  You might actually get a response like "I don't hate that believers preach about god.  I don't think there's a valid reason to do it, and I may question the logic and reasoning used to reach the conclusion that god even exists in the first place, but I don't even come close to hating it."  Intelligent dialogue is how we all learn and grow.

1. profile image0

Yes they think they are taking a logical standpoint and that ours is non logical. See our God has not been proven false... so I don't see how theirs is the logical standpoint & that is hypocritical because their belief is just faith not proof!

2. Link10103 profile image61

It's a very poor argument roob that just because it hasn't been proven false, it must be true.

It hasn't been proven true either...to take either stance of "God exists" or "God doesn't exist" is intellectually dishonest.

3. profile image51

Atheism is the rejection of the God claim, not the assertion that God does not exist, therefore, the burden of proof still rests with those making the claim that God exists as a statement of fact.

4. profile image0

I believe God exists. That is my belief. Can I prove it to you. No. Can you prove atheism. No. That is what I am getting at, yours is no more valid than my belief. They are both beliefs no burden of proof on either side.

5. profile image51

Robert, do you have an email I could respond to? I've used an analogy many times in debate that helps clarify, but there isn't enough space in 250 characters. Thank you.

6. profile image0

You can follow me & fan mail? But I don't wana put my email out here I am sure some1 would love to harass me lol. The chicken or the egg is the burden of proof on the chicken or egg? Lol how do u know an atheist didn't 1st make a claim?

7. profile image51

I understand about the email.  How do you know I didn't make a claim?  Because I'm telling you I never have, and most agnostic atheists like myself go out of our way to avoid making claims of fact whenever possible.  I'm not saying your God doesn't

8. Link10103 profile image61

If your particular belief is that God exists, yet you make no assertion that he does as fact, then you're right, you have no burden of proof. It's those that make that assertion that need to prove it.

9. profile image0

No not you I know you weren't around back then. I am saying how do you know someone claimed there was a God before an atheist declared there was no creator? & Link I just believe it is fact but I can't prove. I just preach faith n wat adds up 2 m

10. Link10103 profile image61

Then sorry to say roob, you do have a burden of proof, though I would say it depends on how you go about it as to whether it ever becomes an "issue".

11. profile image51

Robert....I'm not sure how that's possible, as without a definition of "god" in place first, how could someone say something that no one's ever heard or conceived of, and that didn't have a name not exist?  Plus, wouldn't that contradict the bible?

12. profile image0

They could say we must of came from that monkey over there before anyone claimed there was a God or they had heard someone claim it. Isn't that a possibility? & no burden I don't have to prove it, God says everyman will have a chance to decide.

13. Misfit Chick profile image74

"Instead, a question that was intellectually honest and one that actually wanted real responses would have been posed to the atheist as an individual." That is the way most of these 'religious' & 'atheist' questions are asked on HP - its ridiculo

14. profile image0

Why do you spend your time on ridiculous things Catherine? Is that what you like to do? I mean do you think your helping anyone here? I haven't seen you type one thing positive on this website!

15. Misfit Chick profile image74

Because I haven't agreed with you and my points are poignant? Yeah, I would imagine that is a little frustrating for you. wink

16. profile image0

You said this was ridiculous, do you like ridiculous things and is that what you spend your time on? Lol. Seriously can you answer that question? Also I am serious everything I have read that you wrote not just on this ?, is negative. Lota complainin

17. Misfit Chick profile image74

I think your perspective is ridiculous - it IS a concern of mine that gets debated every day. I would not have written two long hubs about it if it was not a subject that concerned me. Atheists respond to C's for the same reasons. WE CARE - surprise.

18. profile image0

I think your perspective is ridiculous, so there is one thing we have in common! We think each other's perspectives are ridiculous.

19. Misfit Chick profile image74

Right. There should be more understanding between beliefs and less fun-making. This debate is in-between my personal beliefs since I am Agnostic. I HATE the extremes of all views because they cause such deep divisions. There is room for all 'beliefs'

20. profile image0

In Christianity God is the only tru God & the only way to heaven. If you don't believe that you aren't a Christian. You can't be a Christian & another religion, it don't work like that. Agnostic means you don't show faith in God, u said u bel

11. Bible Flock Box profile image65
    Bible Flock Boxposted 8 years ago

I think it's because they don't want to acknowledge God's authority and their sinfulness. Rejecting God gives people the justification to live a sinful lifestyle.

1. Link10103 profile image61

That falls in line with the moral reason someone posted earlier.

My question to you would be, why do atheists not believe in any god even if their "sins" don't count as sins to those gods, therefore requiring no justification to live how they wish?

2. profile image0

Well actually the 10 commandments aren't the only sins. Living for yourself and not God is called selfishness in the Bible and is considered a sin. Some people believe in God they just don't want to be with Him or His followers.

3. Sandi Kroeger profile image70
      Sandi Kroegerposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Oh so many people live sinful lifestyles...and it doesn't have anything to do with their belief or disbelief in God. No one is without sin!

4. profile image51

There is no right answer in ethics.  Many theists will continue to say "what's the point without god", and many atheists will point to the fact that theists believe Jesus died for our sins, so there's no risk of hell anyway as long as you believe

5. profile image0

Yeah if you believe. Exactly the Bible says we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. But... there is always a but!(: if we believe in Him we can be saved, it is faith. That is what the Bible teaches.

6. profile image51

Right...but that doesn't help with ethics, bc by that model, it doesn't matter how much you sin, you'll still go to heaven if you believe in Jesus' sacrifice.  That's where it gets problematic when theists claim there's no morals without god.

7. profile image0

No the Bible preaches that God knows what you truly are doing and thinking. So he would know if you were truly repentant or just trying to play the system and get to heaven. It isn't like welfare when you can cheat the system.

8. tsadjatko profile image68

Bible Flock Box,you are exactly right that is most often the reason,listen to video in my answer. The thing is,as the video says, they'll desperately search for any silly excuse to say that isn't the reason, enter Link's comment.

9. Misfit Chick profile image74

It is very difficult for Christians to believe that we don't feel a need to acknowledge a 'spiritual authority'; and neither do they realize that most of us don't live anymore of a 'sinful lifesyle' than they do.  This ignorance is offensive.

10. profile image51

I only popped on here bc of something I saw on google, but I'm seeing more and more the lack of quality of posts/arguments...I don't know what hub even is, but I'm suspecting it's an adolescent group.  Apologies if I'm wrong, but that's how it seems

11. profile image0

Well you don't have to stay if you don't like it. It is funny how people go to places they don't like lol. Btw not submitting to God and accepting his Word as truth is considered a sin in the bible. Not just the 10 commandments lol.

12. Misfit Chick profile image74

Yeah, sorry iwfcyb - this is Hubpages and we write 'Hubs' here. It is a 'free speech' platform where people like the bible crowd get to insist that they are right and ask questions like this. It is supposed to be 'progressive' LoL!

13. profile image51

Roob, you've been decent, but guys like TSAD destroy your cred.  Making generalized, unsupported claims to know people's thoughts or motivation amount to no more than "I'm right bc I say I'm right".  In other words, it's pointless.  Take care all.

14. tsadjatko profile image68

Hey,I didn't do anything but show you what two people very experienced in dealing with atheists have to say about it,&you choose to attack me the messenger?Frank Turek and the guy who wrote that book are the ones your beef is with, not me.

15. profile image0

I can't have a real conversation with an agnostic who claims they believe in God. That is a person who obviously does not even understand the definition of a agnostic. How could they possibly debate religion. When u learn the definition come back!(:

16. profile image51

Umm....Robert, I don't believe in god...I just also won't take on  the burden of proof by stating there is no god.  As an agnostic atheist who debates legitimately, I simply have the stance that I reject the current evidence presented for god.

17. profile image0

You can't technically be an atheist and agnostic. Atheists means you show disbelief in God! Agnostic means you don't show faith or disbelief in God. That just shows how much of a hypocrite you are.

18. profile image51

Actually, it means you need to educate yourself. The terms are not mutually exclusive.  One can be an agnostic theist, gnostic theist, agnostic atheist or gnostic atheist.  Look it up.  Gnosticism is about knowing, and I don't KNOW there is no god.

19. Aime F profile image70

There are plenty of people who identify as agnostic atheists (myself included). I understand it can be hard to understand unless you actually look into it (which you should before calling people hypocrites). Describes my beliefs/feelings perfectly.

20. profile image51

Thank u Aime. There are differences. Example, a jar of pennies has either an even an or odd #. If u say u know it's odd and I don't agree to KNOW the same, that doesn't mean I know it's even. Means I reject ur claim of knowing, yet don't know myself

21. Link10103 profile image61

The problem seems to be roobs assumption that all atheists by default assert that God doesn't exist.

You know, regardless of what they actually tell him apparently...

22. profile image51

Right. A rejection of someones claim about ANYTHING does not mean you're asserting the opposite by default. I assert nothing about God as a fact, but religion has not met the burden of proof required for their claim. Big claims need big evidence.

23. jlpark profile image76

Another agnostic atheist here too. Roob - there is plenty of information on them out there, Google makes it even easier to find that info now. Give it a try.

24. profile image0

An agnostic is someone who shows neither faith or disbelief in God. An atheist is one who shows disbelief in God or takes stance there is no deities.
      http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/atheism Did you look that up?

25. Aime F profile image70

No. Agnosticism deals with the claim of unknown while atheism deals with belief. I can BELIEVE there is no God without claiming that I KNOW there is no God. Agnostic atheism.

26. profile image0

Please link DICTIONARY SITES that back up ur claim of the definition. Not your MIND but a DICTIONARY! A link that shows atheism isn't rejection of beliefs in deities/God. A link that shows agnostic is not showing neither belief or disbelief in God.

27. Aime F profile image70

Atheism is a lack of belief in God(s). Agnosticism is the belief that it's ultimately unknowable.

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/agnostic
      http://www.dictionary.com/browse/atheist
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnostic_atheism

28. profile image51

Exactly what Aime said, and as I've said.  Atheism is a rejection of the God claim, but not affirmation of the opposite. (See penny analogy) Agnostic further expands on that by acknowledging that it's ultimately unknowable. It clarifies the position

12. Galaxy-Gal profile image60
    Galaxy-Galposted 8 years ago

All people get irritated when others try to force their beliefs on others. I once saw a hilarious video of Hindu preachers going door-to-door in a Christian community in an effort to convert them. Guess what? Those Christians were mighty angry! I personally find it tiresome to be preached at by anyone; I'm a big girl and I can think for myself. I spend exactly zero time trying to push my religious views on others. Is it too much to expect others to be equally respectful towards me?

1. profile image0

Well you just shared some of ur religious views here to the world. So if you don't want Christians to spread their message to the world and it might be u if ur in the world lol, I don't see why you voice yours at all, isn't that hypocritical?

Rob - you are just looking for an argument. She had not shared anything about her religious views on this answer, and was merely answering yr question. If you don't want it answered, don't ask it. But looking for a fight is just annoying.

3. Galaxy-Gal profile image60
      Galaxy-Galposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Robert, I am not interested in "converting" you or changing your beliefs. You should extend that courtesy to the vast majority of people on this earth who do not share your beliefs.

4. profile image0

Im pointing out the hypocrisy. Why does it bother atheists when people share their Christian belief w/ them? But yet she goes on this site and proclaims her opinion. My belief is my opinion. If you want to share urs to the world so will i? Simple!(:

Roob, Im honestly wondering if you're purposely ignoring what people tell you, or if English is not your first language.

6. profile image0

Link I am saying, why are atheists bothered by Christians preaching yet they share their disbelief, which is technically a BELIEF that God doesn't exist. It isn't fact an opinion like mine. How is that ok but ours is offensive? How?

7. Link10103 profile image61

The first sentence of Galaxy's answer is what you need to focus on, specifically the end of it.

And you've been told this before, which is why I think you're doing it on purpose, but atheism doesnt make a default assertion that God doesn't exist.

8. profile image0

Link where are you getting your definition? Please post a reputable dictionary site that shows atheism is not the rejection of belief in deities.

9. Link10103 profile image61
    10. profile image0

Link are you joking LOL!? "the doctrine or belief that there is no God." That is from your dictionary link. Are you seriously saying it is not a belief? Because a doctrine is a set of beliefs haha.

11. Link10103 profile image61

Alright roob. Completely ignore the other definition that was there.

Its funny how you consider Jehovah witnesses completely different from whatever you are, but can't grasp that not all atheists make the same claims.

Open to discussion? Neat lie.

12. profile image0

HAHAHA here is the other one that further proves my point.
      "disbelief in the existence of a supreme being or beings."
      are you serious link? LOLOLOL that is the other one from your page.
      you can't have disbelief & say you don't not believe.

13. Misfit Chick profile image74
    Misfit Chickposted 8 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/12946121_f260.jpg

Yippee! Another 'question' written to shove Christian belief's down people's throats. Expect an 'Atheist' response/question to this any moment now on HP (or maybe this was a response to one, before - they are continuously up here in a loop - its stupid).

This is usually why/when you 'hear atheist preach' - as a response to Christian dogma such as ''God has not been proven false'! (Maybe that is 'constantly' - I try to take a break from fanatical Christians.)

'God' (the way most Christians believe in him) HAS been 'proven false' - certainly the 'death & resurrection to save souls' part has been along with SO MANY other things. Did you know that not all Christians believe in the 'salvation' part of the message?

I've written in detail about this subject. Making untrue statements with conviction 'for God' is NOT the way to convince people that you're right against heaps and piles of evidence. The problem with Christians is that they all think that they all believe in God/Jesus the same way - when, they don't - and haven't since the foundation of their religion.

1. profile image0

To shove it down throats? Lol who forced you to come here? Some people have actually had physical things stuffed down their throats, your using that a little loosely and dramatically i'd say! Ppl who don't believe all of Bible r not Christian by def!

14. MichaelMcNabb profile image61
    MichaelMcNabbposted 8 years ago

Because, in order to allow oneself to be comfortable with the reality that we are going to die and that the end is the end rather than some transition to an afterlife, you are required to be one who believes in and accepts only the truth and facts.  Therefore, because of that strong conviction, we atheists are sickened when we see other people who accept nonsense and foolishness as their way of life.

1. profile image0

It is not a fact that there is no afterlife. Sorry to tell you but that has never been proven. An afterlife hasn't been proven true either, that is why it takes faith. I was pointing out how you atheists think you are being factual when its theory!

2. MichaelMcNabb profile image61
      MichaelMcNabbposted 8 years agoin reply to this

Once you put aside the fear of going to hell the entire concept of god is foolish.  You will realize that a great God is suddenly a petty jealous foolish mythical creation of human imagination.

3. profile image0

Actually I didn't have a fear of hell I thought of it as separation from God when I was serving Satan and then just my own self. I came back because my mind became twisted and God was the only one to clean it up. My experience honestly.

4. profile image0

It's getting clearer where your need for god is coming from.

15. Michaela Osiecki profile image68
    Michaela Osieckiposted 8 years ago

Most atheists aren't preaching anything. And they're certainly not telling other people they can't believe whatever they like.

1. profile image0

They aren't delivering their views on religion to people? If their beliefs aren't completely factual then it is a religious belief like Christianity. I never said they told ppl they can't believe certain things.

2. Misfit Chick profile image74

As I (and a few others in here) have pointed out to you - most of the time people are responding to C's who ARE imposing their views in some way - such as this question. You expect people to sit back and not respond? Your logic is a little off. wink

3. profile image0

How am I imposing my views, who forced you to come over here or even invited you lol. Catherine you stick your nose in all these religious threads. They don't preach to YOU. If you don't like Christians imposing, don't read our threads yo!Commonsense

4. Misfit Chick profile image74

And let someone like you continue to walk all over people with your smug 'this is my thread' ranting? I'll get bored eventually and you can continue. wink I was responding to the first sentence in your response to her - you say variations of that.

5. profile image0

No I am open to debate. I am pointing our your hypocrisy. You are here preaching your views. You said you believe, then u said u are agnostic. Agnostic means u dnt show faith or disbelief in God. You aren't making any sense.

16. jlpark profile image76
    jlparkposted 8 years ago

As many have pointed out, rarely do atheists 'preach' against religion without a triggering factor - usually someone of a religious nature trying to make laws or rules or discuss those that discriminate based on items that the bible apparently dislikes, or if you are talking about here - threads like this, where it is designed to cause offence or stir up issues with the atheists in question through generalising, generally getting your atheists and your antitheists mixed up (and there is a HUGE difference).

I often speak and discuss in religious topics - particularly those which affect me - such as when people are fighting to have 'Teligious Freedom' bills passed so they can discriminate against others despite it being unconstitutional (then crying persecution because they aren't allowed to discriminate....), or that discuss topics that I am a part of - it often lends a HUMAN element to the discussion.

Human element? Yup, it's VERY easy to argue against something like marriage equality when you don't know anyone it affects, don't understand exactly the affects of it on others, that the other side of all the things that one is against is for have a human being or 100000s, who xan prove that statement is false etc. it provides a human voice to counter some of the accidental ignorance (eg you don't know what you don't know....rather than just being ignorant cause it works for you).

I will only argue against religion when it used against me first - and had been used out of all context (basically cherry picked to suit a purpose). I'm an atheist in that I don't believe in the existence of a God or Gods - but I'm not anti religion or God/s

1. profile image0

Did you know marriage was originally defined as a man and a woman. If by definition is it a man and a woman, how can gays get married? They are changing a word. That is wrong. They can get together but why do they have to steal our word?

Given u can't sell yr daughter for 3 goats + a cow, + she's no longer property means it's already bn changed. Anyway, it's not about that. You can't answer to the rest of my answer so picked up on a sml piece I used 2 emphasise a point? Boring.

3. profile image0

Those aren't words that have been changed. Why has marriage? I only see one question mark in your whole answer. If you have another question can you ask it again in a more clear way? And I will happily answer that one to, entertain ya a bit lol.

4. jlpark profile image76

I meant - you comment on one small thing in the answer, that actually doesn't have anything to do with your question + was merely providing background to my point. Yet you found nothing else to say about the rest of it. I'm not here 2 discuss marriag

5. profile image55
      peter565posted 8 years agoin reply to this

[Did you know marriage was originally defined as a man and a woman] Because people have the right to religion freedom, marriage is an institution cretaed by human, thus can be change by human

6. profile image0

If you aren't here to discuss it then don't, I am not forcing you to stay!(:

17. GlennAnderson856 profile image59
    GlennAnderson856posted 8 years ago

Because people need something to believe in. They do not want to be alone.

1. profile image0

I tried to hide from God and ignore it, but He rings true throughout the land.

18. nezzyknowz profile image60
    nezzyknowzposted 8 years ago

Jesus tried to shake my hand i told him don't get blood on my new hoody !!

1. Misfit Chick profile image74

No worries - I'm gonna get creamed on this; but Jesus was a compliation of ancient religious characters; and The Christ did not go through all that physical death/resurrection bs in the Fundamental Christian fairytale. Clean hoody & nuthin but lo

2. nezzyknowz profile image60
      nezzyknowzposted 8 years agoin reply to this

he's a bunch of traits from horus and other egypt gods lmfao !! but they egypt gods at least looked cool and not like a hippie in flip flops!

3. Misfit Chick profile image74

You have a much better start than some peeps in here. wink

4. profile image0

Christianity was present with the Egyptians, and knew of each other. The Bible is the one that preaches the Egyptians twisted it's views. Where do the Egyptians preach the Christians stole theirs?(: Jesus is considered a real man in history!(: FACT.

5. profile image0

There were no christians in Egypt at the time of that mythical person Jesus.

19. GwennyOh profile image84
    GwennyOhposted 8 years ago

Although not an Atheist now, I once called myself one. I am now spiritual rather than Christian. But your question is biased. You can't put all Atheists in a box and put a label on it (sorry if I am repeating this point, because I haven't had time to read the comments of others), just the same way you can't do same with Christians.

I grew up feeling forced int Atheism by the world around me. When one is trying to develop their own beliefs and is being shoveled religion in heaps, well it's not right; one's beliefs are their own, no one has the right to push beliefs on another, and our society consistently does this. As a means to stop it, I identified myself as an Atheist. That way when the preaching began, it was a way to say "stand back".  I don't need to do that anymore, but still can't identify with Christianity, as really God is all loving, not like the Bible says.

I will say this (though no longer an Atheist, I know the mindset well) - don't preach to me, and I won't preach to you! But on the other hand, when Christians knock Atheists, I will stand up every time, because our society creates them. There's nothing wrong with being an Atheist, it's a path towards truth, away from the concrete block of beliefs society presents us with, and there are many such paths.

1. profile image0

Well if they aren't a believer in God they are an unbeliever. If they believe religion is false they are atheist. Atheism is TAKING A POSITION, saying God is not real. If they didn't take that position they would be neutral or agnostic.

2. profile image0

God is not real!  The concept of "God" is built up in your mind to suit your opinions, Robert.  You cannot show a picture of your God.  You can't touch him/her/it.  Because he/she/it is not physical - therefore does not exist.  Period.

3. profile image51

And Robert, right there is the difference between a gnostic atheist  (Alan), and an agnostic atheist  (myself).  The difference is one will claim something as fact, the other won't. See how the terms are not mutually exclusive now?

4. profile image0

Atheism isn't real either then. It is a CONCEPT. Both are BELIEFS! Look it up. I never said God was fact. I said atheism and Christianity are both beliefs by definition. So don't act like yours is factual! BTW still impossible to be atheist&agnos

So you didn't actually bother to look up agnosticism roob?

Guess you're not actually willing to discuss anything then. I thought lying was considered a sin...

6. profile image51

Kinda funny that roob called me a hypocrite for identifying as an agnostic atheist before looking it up, demands links instead of my words, then demands others to "look it up" when it's convenient for him in a claim.  Who's the hypocrite?

7. profile image0

I looked it up B4. U guys keep wronging me telling me what I do and think! Damn I guess im always wrong to u guys, right? Forget it I have a disease that affects my mind & I'm depressed from all this. F it u guys win I'm always wrong. I'm done4go

8. Aime F profile image70

Roob, I gave you the definitions you were looking for in the other section of comments where you asked. You are the one telling us our beliefs are "impossible" so I'm not sure why you're getting defensive.

9. profile image51

Roob, I'm truly sorry to hear about your condition. It was not my intent to beat anyone into the ground on this, but understanding of terms is important in a discussion like this if we're to further each sides understanding of the other.

10. profile image0

People keep telling me what I think here, what i've done, and why I believe what I believe. Yet when I speak my opinion or belief I am just ridiculed more and it is immature and stupid and I'm "nobody". I am already a depressed person, I'm done. bye.

20. Brad Andrews profile image61
    Brad Andrewsposted 8 years ago

God has not yet been proven true either...

1. profile image0

Never said He has. Just saying Atheism is just as much an opinion as my belief in God!(:

21. stuff4kids profile image61
    stuff4kidsposted 8 years ago

As I was going up the stair
    I met a man who wasn't there.
    He wasn't there again today.
    Oh, how I wish he'd go away.

See?

1. profile image0

Oh wow you made a poem so now we know He isn't real? Lol nope I don't see your POINT OF VIEW.

22. modernalchemyst profile image82
    modernalchemystposted 8 years ago

To be fair, how many atheists come into your church while a sermon is going on and complain about it there? If you're surrounded by people actively complaining about your preaching, you're probably doing it in a public space where criticism is fair game.

1. profile image0

No what I am saying is on here atheists spread their beliefs and on youtube the famous ones do. Even in public, movies, music, media. However when Christians do it, its considered PREACHING. Even though atheism is by definition a BELIEF. Get it?

23. profile image51
    iwfcybposted 8 years ago

I'm fairly new here, but this is a question I've seen asked by many theists on here already. Some have answered their own question by asserting ALL atheists do it to bully and belittle believers.... read more

1. profile image0

I am not saying they bully I am implying they think theirs is factual or superior when in actuality it is just theory like my belief in Christianity.

24. The Indexer profile image79
    The Indexerposted 8 years ago

One could put the question differently and ask why it is that so many Christians are very happy to tell you about their "faith" but become strangely deaf when you try to advance any views of your own that contradict with theirs.

Not all atheists think all Christians are foolish. We simply think that religious people are directing their efforts down a blind alley and would do the world a huge favour if they stopped creating a "them and us" world that leads to dangerous divisions, the consequences of which can be seen in much of the violence and misery that we currently face.

1. profile image0

What I am trying to point out is they are both beliefs. Christianity or atheism has not been proven. So when they disagree with us they are really almost preaching another religion to us when they reply with their atheist thoughts.

25. profile image0
    jonnycomelatelyposted 8 years ago

"Well it has been a long time & God has not been proven false!"
    You cannot "prove" the negative of existence, Robert.  It is up to those who postulate  (god's) existence who have the onus of proof.

In Susan's answer, "Although I do not think they will answer honestly" -- What an arrogant presumption: that an atheist would necessarily give a dishonest answer!

(Your - Robert's - 32 hours ago)

"Go ahead and try to debunk it. I said I am open to debate. What don't you understand about that? I can have my opinions and be open to debate. Without an opinion how would I debate."

What good does it do when you  declare you are "open to debate," yet all the time there is the presumption in your mind that your beliefs are superior to the opinions of anyone who does not have those beliefs?

It seems to me, Robert, that anyone who comes to an argument about religious dogma and beliefs, has some background deeper needs.  You are young as a christian believer and have come, as you admit, from a journey that explored other faiths and religions. Such searching tells us that your yearning has been there for a long time. Right?

Now you are struggling hard to hang on to what your mentors have impressed upon you.  If you for moment "back slide," they will be down upon your shoulders castigating you for have such shallow faith.  Right?

So now you are trying to substantiate your beliefs in order to appear (to your mentors and peers) as a strong-in-the-faith, born-again believer. Right?

I wish you well on this journey and hope it does not drive you into a psychological vortex of depression.  Keep you head up and bolster your Inner Self against those who would deceive you.

1. profile image0

And you may well ask what are Jonnycomelately's "deeper needs."  I come from a long lonely life.  Not many friends and close associations.  Don't ask me why, that's complex.  But, to look inside ourselves for the answers, can prove extremely useful.

2. profile image0

I have been a Christian on & off my whole life. It seems you think your atheism is superior to my Christianity. Well I was an atheist! I was much unhappier then! Your POV is actually just theory like mine. Not fact!(: Ive been lonely too! No frie

Closed to reply

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)