jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you remember when you stopped believing in ghosts? And if you still do, do yo

1. Ethan Green profile image91
    Ethan Greenposted 5 years ago

Do you remember when you stopped believing in ghosts? And if you still do, do you wish you didn't?

2. Marsei profile image88
    Marseiposted 5 years ago

I still believe.   We had a ghostly visitor for a month or so about two years ago.  I actually wrote a hub about it called Ghost in the House.  I got the feeling it had a great sense of humor and was just having fun with us.  Then it left and hasn't returned.  I'm glad I still believe.  I hope it returns one day.

3. cryptid profile image98
    cryptidposted 5 years ago

I believe in them.  I can't imagine why I'd wish I didn't.  I've had too many experiences not to, but even if I hadn't I'd still believe.  Nobody knows for certain what happens when we die, and that means anything is possible.

4. kittythedreamer profile image97
    kittythedreamerposted 5 years ago

Still believe in them big time. I always have. Partly because I've always known they were there and partly due to experiences proving their existence to me throughout my life and as recently as last month.

5. ESPeck1919 profile image94
    ESPeck1919posted 5 years ago

I'm still a believer, though I have gotten better at debunking phenomenon. Oddly, the practice of debunking has only strengthened my belief. If you eliminate all of the physical causes, what's left but something that's not physical?

1. lone77star profile image85
      lone77starposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Very nice. There are some coincidences that are far more than mere accident. Some of us are starting to wake up, and not needing these human bodies, we effectively become "ghosts" (holy spirit, true self).

6. lone77star profile image85
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Never stopped. And I don't wish to stop.

Because I know that I am a spiritual child of God with a temporary, Homo sapiens body. I've been outside of my body (effectively a ghost). I have seen the world around me without the need for human eyes.

Most "ghosts" are unaware of their surroundings. They exist in the "darkness" talked about in the Bible, brought on by the poison of the forbidden fruit -- ego, in all of its action-reaction dichotomies.

I long for the light of truth wherein my spiritual eyes will once again be opened and I can see the universe on a more permanent basis. That way, when this human body dies, I will have continuity of consciousness -- effectively, everlasting life through Christ and God.

7. tussin profile image60
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I never believed in them and I am glad that I still don't.  I can't imagine being spooked by things unseen.

8. KathyH profile image93
    KathyHposted 5 years ago

Always have, and I guess I always will. Stories of ghosts fascinate me to no end! I've had one experience... and that was enough to convince me!