jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Are you who you are or somebody else inside?

1. Atiquemr9 profile image40
    Atiquemr9posted 5 years ago

Are you who you are or somebody else inside?

2. whonunuwho profile image78
    whonunuwhoposted 5 years ago

We are more than one person. The you on the outside may be misleading in others eyes. The old saying.."You can't judge a book by its cover" is so true. What lies within each of us may be so beautiful that our outer selves may not reflect.

3. sradie profile image76
    sradieposted 5 years ago

I suppose, like myself, many of us have 'alter egos' or a second personality that lies within the visible personality most people see. I have tried unsuccessfully to explain this to my wife and she can't understand it. I think that is why we describe some people as an 'open book' where what you see is what you get and others we describe in 'mysterious' of hard to get inside of. My alter ego sometimes affects my visible personality but mostly is just part of my being reserved for myself. God of course knows everything about us so He is acutely aware of it and all that it means. I think the 'somebody else inside' can be either good or bad just like our external person. I also think that people who have another person on the inside can either be very troubled or very blessed by that person. Personally, I often like the 'other me' better than the worlds me.

4. SidKemp profile image95
    SidKempposted 5 years ago

I have always striven to be myself and not to pretend or hide. The me deep inside - which I might call my creative soul - expresses itself in many ways and in many relationships. But it demands truthful expression.

5. tussin profile image59
    tussinposted 5 years ago

I are you, inside a wooden prop giraffe. The wooden prop giraffe is me, inside of you.