jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (9 posts)

Do you believe in ghosts?

1. nanderson500 profile image84
    nanderson500posted 5 years ago

Do you believe in ghosts?

Spirits? Spectres? Apparitions?

2. Rosana Modugno profile image84
    Rosana Modugnoposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do and I've written hubs on the subject.  I won't post links here.  If you care to read them, click on the cute redhead to your left. 

I started seeing, hearing and speaking with spirits since I was a very young child and continuing on through my adult life.  My daughter also started seeing them as a young child, although my son never has.

Being raised a Catholic, it went against all I was raised to believe, therefore I quickly started questioning my own religion, as you can well imagine.  But I can't deny something I have experienced my whole life.

3. hawaiianodysseus profile image82
    hawaiianodysseusposted 5 years ago

This is an intriguing question, and I'm thankful that you asked it. I'll answer it this way...

If I believe in God--and I do--it would follow, then, that I believe there is an enemy--the devil.

If I believe the Bible--and I do--I thus believe that a third of the angels, along with Lucifer--were cast down to the earth.

My belief is that when people die, they sleep until Jesus returns to resurrect them. They're not out running around late at night, scaring people.

Therefore, the ghosts, spirits, specters, and apparitions are manifestations of the devil and his band of evil angels.

To answer your question, I need to carefully phrase my response: I believe there are ghosts. Do I believe IN them? No. I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Ghost.

That said, I'm off to watch some re-runs of Casper.

1. Peggasuse profile image87
      Peggasuseposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Well, the truth is, you don't sleep.  As soon as the body dies, you find yourself out of that body, basically looking at it, and then you go towards the Light.  You might want to read "Life After Life" by Dr Raymond Moody.  It's an eye opener.

4. Peggasuse profile image87
    Peggasuseposted 5 years ago

Yes, I do.  And if anyone cares to look it up, there's been a lot of research done on the subject of life after death in the past century, and up to the present time. 

I've always believed, but I'm glad to see that people who have more medical and psychological experience than I have, were willing to take the time to collect the data and show the world that the spirit realm does, indeed, exist.

Whoever delves into this further, should find that the fear of death is based on a falsehood that when you die, that's it.  But the truth is, the body will die, but you are your spirit, not your body.  You're consciousness lives forever.

How do I know this true?  Like many others, I have had an NDE and I'm no  longer afraid of death because only my body will pass on, but I won't.  I will still be me...

5. Zakmoonbeam profile image95
    Zakmoonbeamposted 5 years ago

Absolutely I do, I believe in their existence and have had several equally disturbing and enlightening experiences, but as to what they are is something I am not qualified to answer.

6. AlexK2009 profile image92
    AlexK2009posted 5 years ago

If you mean the apparitions people call ghosts  then yes. They are a real phenomenon.

Whether they originate in the mind or are objectively real is another matter.

And any one case may have a mundane explanation

7. sandus profile image67
    sandusposted 5 years ago

never.. i believe in space.. that is remained after the death of an individual.

8. Vanessa Anderson profile image61
    Vanessa Andersonposted 5 years ago

I do.  I have always wondered about if they were real, but until I had a real life experience, I was never too sure.  Now that I've experienced it, I can definitely say that I believe in them 100%.