jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

What bible verse can you suggest for someone who is really stressed at work?

1. jpcmc profile image88
    jpcmcposted 5 years ago

What bible verse can you suggest for someone who is really stressed at work?

2. Kimberly Vaughn profile image84
    Kimberly Vaughnposted 5 years ago

How about:
    Psalms 55:22 "Cast your burden on the Lord, and he will sustain you."

3. ro-jo-yo profile image85
    ro-jo-yoposted 5 years ago

In Matthew 6:24  Yehowshuwa (the true Hebrew name of the Messiah) states:
    No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat , or what ye shall drink ; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on . Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment? 26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap , nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they? 27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? 28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow ; they toil not, neither do they spin : 29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. 30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is , and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith? 31 Therefore take no thought , saying , What shall we eat ? or, What shall we drink ? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed ? 32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek smile for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. 33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself.

We are to seek our Father Yehowah first.

4. Janellegems profile image65
    Janellegemsposted 5 years ago

Matthew 10:28-30

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; I am meek and lowly in heart: and you shall find rest unto your souls.
    For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Psalm 121:1-2
    I will lift my mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.  My help comes from the Lord who made heaven and earth.

5. momster profile image60
    momsterposted 5 years ago

Psalm 62:5,6
       Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
    my hope comes from him.
       He alone is my rock and my salvation;
    his is my fortress, I will not be shaken.

Isaiah 40:29, 30, 31

He gives strength to the weary,
    and increases the power of the weak.
    Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
    but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
    They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

6. John1892 profile image68
    John1892posted 5 years ago

"'If you can'?" said Jesus. "Everything is possible for him who believes."
    —Mark 9:23

7. prea profile image69
    preaposted 5 years ago

“Anxious care in the heart of a man is what will cause it to bow down, but the good word is what makes it rejoice.” (Proverbs 12:25)

8. Jerami profile image73
    Jeramiposted 5 years ago

It isn't a bible verse ...But it has always helped me when ever I started feeling sorry for my self because I was someplace that I didn't want to be or doing a type of work I didn't want to do  .....   Just think of all of those other places I would rather not be more than where I was   or think of work I would rather not be doing more than what I was doing.    THERE ALWAYS ARE MANY SUCH PLACES AND CIRCUMSTANCES I'd rather NOT be in more than where I am

9. Agnes Penn profile image80
    Agnes Pennposted 5 years ago

St. Paul's "the one who doesn't work, doesn't eat" is a great motivator for overcoming distractions.  Focus on the purpose of your work, give it to God and remember a growling stomach and you will see stress fade away.

10. RogerSanchezJr profile image73
    RogerSanchezJrposted 5 years ago

"Do not be anxious about anything,
    but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving,
    present your requests to God.
    And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
    will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
    Philippians 4:6-7 (NIV)

"Casting all your anxiety on Him,
    because He cares for you."
    1 Peter 5:7 (NASB)

"Worry weighs a person down;
    an encouraging word cheers a person up."
    Proverbs 12:25 (NLT)

When I am afraid, I will put my trust in Thee.
    Psalm 56:3