jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (11 posts)

Can the devil read my mind?

1. kenyanXstian profile image80
    kenyanXstianposted 5 years ago

Can the devil read my mind?

2. Greg Sereda profile image74
    Greg Seredaposted 5 years ago

If he could, we would both be in big trouble. He can't read our mind. There's nothing in the Bible that indicates that he can read our mind. That's like saying, "Can an angel read my mind." Remember, he is a fallen angel; but he can make intelligent conclusions from our body language and facial expressions.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Dang, Greg, what have you done to your hair?

3. Cathleena Beams profile image72
    Cathleena Beamsposted 5 years ago

No - He is not all knowing, but he is conniving and lurks around and waits for an opportunity to deceive and cause harm to those he can.  This is why it is important for us to be prepared and to put on the whole armor of God so that we can withstand when he wages war against us.

4. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

No...he cannot...but he can whisper in your ear.

5. Super K profile image67
    Super Kposted 5 years ago

He can't but; he studys our ancestors so he has an idea on what makes us tick.

6. Shepherd 48 profile image60
    Shepherd 48posted 5 years ago

I agree with the other responses here. If the devil could read minds he wouldn't have plunged headlong into his biggest defeat - the death & resurrection of Jesus. He didn't seem to know what God was doing in Mary's womb before Jesus' birth or even where the Christ-child was. His #1 weapon is still deception. I think he tosses little jibes at us and then steps back to see how we'll react. Imagine how different our world would be today if Adam had kicked the devil out of the garden rather than entering conversation with him. "Submit therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

1. profile image0

Shepherd:  Adam didn't enter into conversation with the Devil - his little girlfriend did and was deceived. Adam listened to the counsel of Eve and knew the consequences of her actions and chose to die in sin with her rather than to be without her.

2. Shepherd 48 profile image60
      Shepherd 48posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Sledge: In Genesis 3:6 it reads that both Adam & Eve were present. [her husband with her.] Adam was listening but not acting. Your accessment of him choosing to die in sin with Eve may be correct though. Just my opinion.

7. Brian in Canada profile image60
    Brian in Canadaposted 5 years ago

Well, seeing as God is evil and Jesus is the most wicked man in the Bible, the Devil would obviously be the moral, more appealing character in the Bible. Whether Lucifer can read one's mind or not is of course of no matter.

1. profile image0

You wouldn't be a freemason per chance? Would you?

Closed to reply

working