jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What's the most horrifying dream you ever had?

1. dailytop10 profile image94
    dailytop10posted 5 years ago

What's the most horrifying dream you ever had?

Mine is a scene where I was about to fall in a cliff. It really looks real! I almost shouted after waking up.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7385813_f260.jpg

2. A S Rosman profile image60
    A S Rosmanposted 5 years ago

Zombies!
    Apart from that when I was a teenager I had a dream that has stayed with me until this day.

In the dream it's late evening. The scene is my great-grandparents back yard. Except there is one thing added which in reality was never there; a chapel. Like the ones you see in cemetaries. In the dream I enter the small chapel. To the left and right of me are rows of simple chairs. There are people maybe five seated in various areas. No one sitting together. I can hear sobbing. I take a seat on the right side of the aisle. At the front of the chapel there is a podium where a coffin stands. It's open. The next scene is whomever was in the coffin is now out of it walking down the aisle. In the dream I can feel that I know the person, but I can't identify the face. The dead person stops exactly next to me. Turns his head and stares directly at me. That's when I wake up.

3. Dreamhowl profile image97
    Dreamhowlposted 5 years ago

Years upon years ago, maybe when I was in high school, I had a series of connected dreams one night that freaked me out. Essentially, I dreamed that I had woken up from a dream because I was in bed, in my room, and everything looked normal ... until an invisible force rose up from under my blanket and began smothering me with said blanket. I couldn't get it off and I honestly thought it was happening until I woke up (actually woke up this time) and was quite alive. After being terrified, I managed to fall back asleep, only to be in a giant white space facing what could be best described as something that looked like the grim reaper. He had a very long knife, and proceeded to try and attack me with it. Something happened, the knife fell, and I killed the thing instead. That almost made up for the first nightmare, but not really. Nothing else has been quite as scary as that.

4. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I dreamed our house was on fire when my oldest child was just a toddler.  We were standing outside and suddenly a sink hole opened up and she fell in.  It was horrible and so real. That was 28 years ago and it still is fresh in my mind.

5. unvrso profile image91
    unvrsoposted 5 years ago

The most horrifying dream I have ever had is one in which the shadow of a person kept hunting me for almost a month when I was 14 years old. This dream usually started after midnight when I thought that I was asleep. The feeling of this kind of dream is that you donĀ“t realize if your are dreaming or living the dream.

The dream came to an end suddenly as it started, one month after, and I have never had another dream like that in my life.

6. safiq ali patel profile image72
    safiq ali patelposted 5 years ago

I wish I could say that I only had the one most horrifying dream. I actually have a high stack of terrifying dreams. Getting slaughtered and eaten by Satanic Cannibals is one of my most horrific nightmares.

working