jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Should thou let your child choose 2 believe or teach them young?

1. Janice Daniel profile image60
    Janice Danielposted 5 years ago

Should thou let your child choose 2 believe or teach them young?

2. lone77star profile image82
    lone77starposted 5 years ago

Teach them to Love. Start this at the very beginning.

Teach them faith -- fearless, unshakeable confidence.

Teach them humility -- complete selflessness, giving to others and thinking not of themselves.

Teach them responsibility -- perfect, 100% responsibility for everything that happens to them. With this, they can never blame (and blame is incompatible with love, faith and humility).

Teach them gratitude. If they are grateful, all karmic debts are paid and they move even closer to God.

By these, your children will be following Christ.

3. ReneeDC1979 profile image60
    ReneeDC1979posted 5 years ago

We should teaching children about many different things including religion, our own and others.  Teach them to read and what your faith is about so that they have an understanding of it.  But, the decision should ultimately be their own.  This teaches them to think for themselves, grow, become aware, and knowledge is power.

1. jlpark profile image84
      jlparkposted 5 years agoin reply to this

This would have been my answer, and you put it so well, I will just agree with you instead of adding my own to the mix

4. profile image0
    LIL-ANGEL-WINGSposted 5 years ago

We need to teach our Children from the day they are born Truth and Love. Truth sets us free. And without Love we are nothing.

5. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

How old? 1 + 1 is 1 and always when young = 8

6. nightwork4 profile image60
    nightwork4posted 5 years ago

of course you should let your child choose. teaching a child anything should require facts, not faith.

working