jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

What is the best place to learn more about Jewish Culture?

1. peeples profile image94
    peeplesposted 5 years ago

What is the best place to learn more about Jewish Culture?

My mother was Jewish, but my father was not. We never spoke of the Jewish faith. I'm curious and want to learn more. What's the best place to learn?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

Hi peeples,
    Maybe start with the Tanakh, three forms of the Jewish Bible. Also I would suggest visiting a Synagogue where I am sure they would be more than willing to help you learn and answer any question you may have. Plus, there are probably several sources here on the internet. Good luck!

peeplesposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Thanks JT. I ordered myself a free Tanakh offline just a few minutes ago. Hopefully it will give me what I need.

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Great peeples. That's awesome!

3. Renee Abbott profile image84
    Renee Abbottposted 5 years ago

There are some sites on the internet that have valuable information, especially for people who are trying to find out what Judaism is.

There are a variety of Jews, and you also might be interested in mystical Judaism, which covers beyond the bible/ O.T.

Good luck

Thanks Renee!

4. fpherj48 profile image76
    fpherj48posted 5 years ago

peeples...I don't really know the best PLACE, except for you to attend a synagogue.......But, I'm thinking more in terms of finding yourself an Orthodox  Jewish friend.....and learn all you care to know!!   I have no doubt you are an expert at making new friends!.  Don't you think this would be the most up close and personal way to learn?

Sadly I know no Jewish people. I'm checking into my local synagogue hoping that may lead me the right direction in meeting someone new.

5. profile image0
    Deborah Sextonposted 4 years ago

Because your mother was Jewish that makes you Jewish. It doesn't matter what your father is. I am married to a Hebrew man born in Israel and grew up in Savyon. He is a Rabbi (pronounced Rebbe)
    I lived there for two years and studied with the Rabbis and got my certificate of semichah.
    I can help you with most things

working