jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Do you put up religious Christmas decorations in your home?

1. profile image74
    ElleBeeposted 5 years ago

Do you put up religious Christmas decorations in your home?

If so what decorations and where do you buy them?

2. Disappearinghead profile image79
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

We put up decorations but none of them are religious. Decorating one's home this time of year us a pagan tradition anyway.

After 25 years in the Church where Christ's birth, death and resurection was effectively remembered/celebrated/commemorated every Sunday, Christmas and Easter for me became non-events.

3. lburmaster profile image84
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Most of my decorations are left over from family members. My grandmother had ten tubs of Christmas tree decorations. Then another three tubs of trinkets and displays. Most of what I have came from her that I grew up with. They help me get in the Christmas spirit with all of the memories.

4. Goody5 profile image78
    Goody5posted 5 years ago

Oh yes, and I'm not sure where they all came from, but I just somehow accumulated them over time.

1. profile image74
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Yeah decorations haev a way of accummulating.

5. Express10 profile image89
    Express10posted 5 years ago

No, I put up traditional things such as wreaths, garland, and a tree. These types of items can be found in all types of stores in the US and some even in convenience stores here. I got this year's decorations at Bed Bath and Beyond and Garden Ridge as I like to change things up.

6. KatyWhoWaited profile image61
    KatyWhoWaitedposted 5 years ago

I do, eventhough I understand that Jesus apparently was not born at this time of year and eventhough I am a secular humanist.  The philosophy of Jesus was revolutionary, his life a lesson and basic framework for how society can exist in harmony.  I honor the fact that he apparently walked upon the face of this earth, and that he inspired great concepts of relating with each other.

1. profile image74
      ElleBeeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Interesting... its interesting to me how many of the people who answered no identify as Christian, and that one who said yes is not Christian. Fascinating.

working