Why Do People Believe In These Paranoid End Of The World Prophecies?

1. vveasey profile image85
    vveaseyposted 5 years ago

Why Do People Believe In These Paranoid End Of The World Prophecies?

DOESN''T IT SEEM LIKE SOME OF THEM WANT THEM TO HAPPEN?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/7535103_f260.jpg

2. Nathan Orf profile image80
    Nathan Orfposted 5 years ago

Certainly does. I read somewhere that it was mostly attributable to boredom. Some people are just bored with their daily lives, and what, to them, is pure monotony, so they start thinking to themselves, "You know, I really am bored. I've got nothing to do tomorrow. Wait... what if something big happened next year? Something really big? Like, I don't know, the end of the world?"

Then, they go out of their way to find some doomsday prophesy, preferably with some connection to ancient scrolls or hieroglyphs or something, because nothing verifies a doomsday prophesy like an ancient scroll or hieroglyphs. After that, they put out the word on the Internet, which causes the entire thing to go viral.

Before long, the History Channel, ever the sleazy opportunist, decides to show some really dramatic groundbreaking "documentaries" in order to reach an audience of people who have already decided that they must be TERRIFIED!

So, in the end, a combination of boredom, phony interpretations of ancient scrolls and hieroglyphs, lousy internet research and corporate greed and manipulation all contribute to the strange phenomenon known as the "doomsday prophesy."

working