jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (12 posts)

What if......?

1. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 8 years ago

What if aliens made contact with earth and it turned out they were christians?

They had had a messiah with a name that sounded very much like Jesus. This alien Jesus had practiced alien miracles. This alien Jesus taught such lessons as love thy neighbor, let he who is without sin cast the first stone etc.

Would this prove that A. There is a God and B. What the true religion was/is?

What if this alien species had several religions, say one with a last prophet whose name sounds very much like Mohammed, another with a very Buddha like central figure? You get the idea big_smile

1. profile image58
      (Q)posted 8 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps, like all other Christians, they take the risk of having to stand before Allah and justify their beliefs. wink

2. XTASIS profile image58
    XTASISposted 8 years ago

Dreaming is free.

3. Ivorwen profile image74
    Ivorwenposted 8 years ago

I would become a firm believer in parallel universes.  smile

Joking aside, it is an interesting theory and I know more than one person who has pondered it before.

1. kirstenblog profile image78
      kirstenblogposted 8 years agoin reply to this

I thought it was interesting as well and thought it could spark a discussion about religion that would not devolve into a slanging match big_smile

Since its going to be hard to get into a slanging match it probably wont last long tho hmm

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 8 years agoin reply to this

you could say...my pants are awesome, eventually someone would violently disagree with you.  sad

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
          prettydarkhorseposted 8 years agoin reply to this

hi justine is that you in your new avatar, pretty..

and kirsten, I agree with you on this one...

1. profile image0

Hi pretty, yes thats me, in my old avitar. Ill need to change it after the weekend. Thank you.  smile

I like the way you pose, lovely LOL, cant do that though, I always have to smile and front  up when I take my pics LOL

can you not just make it your permanent avatar?

1. profile image0

thank you. no. long story. Im lucky I am here at all, dont want to push my luck!!!

ok then

4. areyoukiddingme profile image71
    areyoukiddingmeposted 8 years ago

That will be an interesting day!

working