What is meant by the scripture quote: "all paths (roads) lead to the kingdom of

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (42 posts)
  1. d.william profile image72
    d.williamposted 11 years ago

What is meant by the scripture quote: "all paths (roads) lead to the kingdom of heaven"

2. LewSethics profile image60
    LewSethicsposted 11 years ago

it means get a life, try to focus on reality

d.williamposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Although terse, that was exactly my hopefully intended answer to this question.

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

Please refresh my memory, I do not recall this verse?

from the new testament: Jesus said:.....

2. profile image0
      JThomp42posted 11 years agoin reply to this

My friend I have read the New Testament several times, this verse does not exist.

3. d.william profile image72

John 8:12 quotes Y'shua, " I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  (misinterpreted) JC was saying HE (as God) (not a man) was the light.......

4. profile image0
      camillewagnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Here, here!

5. profile image0

Amen d. william!!

6. Insane Mundane profile image57
      Insane Mundaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Refresh your memory?  It is truly sad, that people need ancient verses to try and comprehend their own universal consciousness via self with the creation of it all; blah!

7. d.william profile image72

we R way 2 literal in translation causing opposing points of view. misquoting is only offering wrong perspectives. It is not a sin to question the literal wording of translated texts.

8. Insane Mundane profile image57

Ahh, hell, it is all metaphorical and symbolic anyway, which ends up going back to our original state of "finding truth from within."  Yada-yada!

4. profile image0
    camillewagnerposted 11 years ago

I have read the Bible many times and have grown up in a Bible-saturated home and church. The Bible does not say that; indeed, it says quite the opposite in Matthew 7:13 & 14, which I have quoted below:

"Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

The context of this chapter is Jesus Christ delivering his most famous message/discourse called The Sermon on the Mount, so named because he was on a mountainside when it was delivered.

You may be quoting from another holy book from another religion, D. William, but I do not believe you are quoting from the Bible of Christianity. Christianity is an exclusive religion, claiming that access to God the Father comes only through Jesus Christ (John 14:6). It does not teach that you can follow whatever path you so choose to arrive at the kingdom of heaven.

John 1:1, 14 " In the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, & the Word was God. And the Word was made flesh (Adam+Eve), & dwelt among us."   (God dwells within all men)

2. profile image0
      camillewagnerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

D. William, the verses you quoted do not imply that all paths lead to the kingdom of heaven. They support Jesus Christ's claims to deity. Verse 14 ("the Word was made flesh and dwelt among us") is actually referring to Jesus Christ, not Adam and Eve.

your biblical interpretation was to draw people into this religion - not a fact. If fact, then all who lived and died prior to J.C., and outside Christianity are in hell.  Get real, man. Fairytales are only based on truth, not truths in themselves

5. Insane Mundane profile image57
    Insane Mundaneposted 11 years ago

I don't know much about scripture, but it probably implies that the answers and truths along with enlightenment are found from within - albeit I'd rather take the roads least travelled, but then again, I don't recall any other human or animal or creature living inside my head, right? Ha!

God lives inside everyone's head. We cannot embrace a mistaken belief that only one human can absolve all sin.  Only God can do that and he lives in all of us.  God is not a religion

2. Insane Mundane profile image57

Duh!  I like my "less serious" version, much better...

L.O.L.  I hear you

6. philli profile image80
    philliposted 11 years ago

I don't believe that this is Biblical scripture. Is it from another religious text? If we are talking Christianity, I think the Bible expresses the exact opposite. For example, Matthew 7:14 says "But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it." (New International Version Translation).

"small is the gate." meaning following God's path, not any human's perception of God.  These texts R translated incorrectly 2 narrow 1's view of religion 2-1's birthright version. God is not 1person. our 2 literal  views need 2B broadened.

2. philli profile image80
      philliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Really don't know where you're coming from with this....I am not talking about any humans perception, etc. Basically, the path to heaven is hard to follow on this carnal planet and many people with not find/choose to take the path. Period.

UR beliefs R urs alone & based on early childhood brainwashing techniques that will last 4 UR lifetime. They R fallacious & remove any logical deductive reasoning from ur mind. Believing does not equate 2 reality.  what U learned is flawed.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image65
      Lady Guinevereposted 11 years agoin reply to this

In context it says something totally different:  Matthew 7:10-16
      Young's Literal Translation (YLT)
      10 and if a fish he may ask -- a serpent will he present to him?
      11 if, therefore, ye being evil, have known good gifts to give to your children, how m

5. d.william profile image72

L.G: Ur comments R based on literal translations made by whoever - We have no way of knowing what the original writings actually said.  Be skeptical & think logically-not with fear in your heart. We R not intended 2 live our lives in fear-just lo

6. Lady Guinevere profile image65

That is not why I posted it.  I fear nothing, not even death.  I have been over there and it is lovely beyond any comparison to this side.  I really think that the narrow gate to life is the Birth Canal.  Try that one on for size.

7. d.william profile image72

thanx 4 clarifying. I like ur interpretation re the birth canal.funny. i 2 saw the other side when i died at age 10 & have never forgotten it, so i fear nothing on earth. we crowd out our love for live with unnecessary fear & guilt. God bless

8. philli profile image80
      philliposted 11 years agoin reply to this

"UR beliefs R urs alone & based on early childhood brainwashing techniques that will last 4 UR lifetime"...How is this even a connected response to mines. Obviously, you're just posting to try and get a rise out of others & not discuss intell

9. Lady Guinevere profile image65

No I am not.  I posted it for reference that ur scrpt is out of context.  That is all.

10. d.william profile image72

Phil: i have no interest in getting a rise out of any 1. I am called 2 give enlightenment 2 a troubled society. My spirit guides direct my writing & help clarify misunderstandings. We all need 2 broaden our views on old & erroneous belief sys

7. DrMark1961 profile image97
    DrMark1961posted 11 years ago

Actually all roads lead to Rome. The rest of us are just confused and lost.

1. Insane Mundane profile image57

Bible? It still has to be translated, re-translated, re-translated from the translation from the translation, and so on, from Hebrew to Greek to the King James version - and we even have modern day English versions, nowadays, etc., so, uh, yeah...

2. d.william profile image72

actually the only true statement is: all roads lead 2 death. What happens after that is only speculation, with far less than any intelligent educated guessing, or wishful thinking.

8. Sinbadsailorman profile image59
    Sinbadsailormanposted 11 years ago

This is not a biblical Verse it is a Play on all roads lead to Rome or a thousand roads lead to Rome. Spiritualist have coined this to match their belief that GOD is a Thing and Not a Being. But Truly within their lie is a truth. For the roads Here in this world fell from the WORLD that was. Heaven was a singular Place. There fore the return to IT the World that was; would accept all roads.

The Problem is that the Gate is no longer freely  opened at least not to all. Most people seem to forget that there is a war going on In Heaven and here on earth. And until the Great White Throne of Judgment  that gate is close to Us who Fell.  No one from this Earth Save the Christ Our Lord Jesus has return to Heaven as of yet. Except for Lucifer as Satan. Who is being held behind the Throne of GOD by Micheal the Arched Angel.  And John in the Spirit the apostle  of Christ's

Enoch, Elijah, and Possibly Mose are transfigured, but still they are in Paradise  for they have not yet been Judged as this will happen for all us  at the same time. Or we all will be witnesses to this Judgment. 

The Christ IS Jesus Emmanuel which is to say GOD with us or among us. The Holy Ghost or Spirit is the one within Us all. Which is to say the memory of the former Heavenly  Person we once were. 

The Lord Jesus promise to send another in HIS place when He ascended back into Heaven. This is the Comforter who restores that Memory of the the Holy Ghost within us all.  It is Also the Spirit of Jesus. The Gate is the thing we need worry about for all may Not enter through and be save Or allow to remain.

Unless they pass through providing Jesus within themselves His Memory or Holy Spirit. Calling in and on His Name =  Serving HIM and His Memory or teachings. There is Only One Name In all the World Heaven and Earth That Opens that Gate and Pardons Us so we may remain within in IT. Jesus is that Name Because He is The CHRIST Christ = GOD

This is a great fairytale meant 2 frighten & control.  There is no evidence that any of this is truth, just the words of ancient superstitious, frightened people. Time 2 move into the present & leave the past where it belongs. Love takes us f

9. snerfu profile image67
    snerfuposted 11 years ago

Perhaps there is some philosophical aspect that is being dealt with here. It means that the person who is on the road, is already making the effort to find the way. Since everyone is on the path, it means that there is a road for each and everyone of us. In the philosophical context, when we say everyone we mean --- all the people who are like us. So, anyone will mean someone who is different. Is there anyone who will find fault with this lady? There was no one. Meaning that the people understood the import of the words.
    So, all paths means that you have a choice and you are free to do as you please.

U R closest 2 the truth so far. there R many paths 2 follow but all end with a return 2 our spirit world.There is not only 1 path 2 follow. Religions mislead 2 control their followers.God does not turn any part of itself away from home. fear controls

10. CertifiedHandy profile image61
    CertifiedHandyposted 11 years ago

There is only one way to Heaven, through Jesus The Christ Amen for it is written - Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    Yeshua said to him, “I AM THE LIVING GOD, The Way and The Truth and The Life; no man comes to my Father but by me alone.”  John 14:6. "all paths (roads) lead to the Kingdom of heaven" is not a "scripture quote".

Attempting to enter the Kingdom of God any other way except through Jesus makes you a thief and a robber. For it is written - Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    “Timeless truth I speak with you: whoever enters not by the gate to the sheepfold, but comes up from another place, is a thief and a robber.” John 10:1

It helps to study the Bible with those trying to live it as Jesus commanded. It is very dangerous to make stuff up as we go or parrot "scripture" that doesn't exist... His In Service

1. profile image0

AMEN!!!!!

2. DrMark1961 profile image97
      DrMark1961posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Do you even know the meaning of the word smug?

U must realize 1st where the bible originated from, where its contexts were taken from, & how many times it was re-translated. it was declared 'holy' by a corrupt government & a corrupt RC church. The good of its worth is lost in literal tran

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)