jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Why is the best answer determined by the one who asks the question?

1. PlanksandNails profile image85
    PlanksandNailsposted 5 years ago

Why is the best answer determined by the one who asks the question?

The best answer can only be accurately and precisely determined by a standard to which the question is applied to.There are those on HubPages who do not like particular answers; therefore, they will delete it. If that is the case, any evidence, whether good or bad, can be withheld due to personal bias, which equates to one-sided propaganda.

A question can also be asked in the context of a test where someone may know the answer already, or someone may pose a question without the knowledge of the righ answer.

Is the best answer always the truth, or is it what the person asking wants it to be?

2. profile image0
    il Scetticoposted 5 years ago

I think your last statement is the exact reason the Asker chooses the best answer: they select whichever best answers the question for them - best thought out, matches their opinion, or whatever the reason is changes.

3. Attikos profile image80
    Attikosposted 5 years ago

It's the questioner's thread. He can manage it as he likes.

Set up collective standards, which is to say rules, and have editors, which is to say policemen, reviewing it all, and you'll still get biased results. You don't really believe a rules-driven, bureaucratic system can function any more freely than a creator-driven one, do you? Naw, surely you don't.

4. Jynzly profile image74
    Jynzlyposted 5 years ago

This is really a very sensible question. One reason why I had stopped answering questions here for a time was because I noticed that some "stupid and illogical answers" to a given question had been chosen as the best answer. It's just so discouraging that we give our best for an answer and yet the foolish answer would be the best answer. Such bias; and in the first place, you are right, there should be a standardized answer for a given question as opposed to the "asker" to judge.
    I am not really answering your question here but I am just expressing how sensible your question is. Thank you.

5. duffsmom profile image61
    duffsmomposted 5 years ago

I would assume that is because the writer of the question knows best if he or she got the answer they were looking for.

working