jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

List one "why" and "why not". What is the one thing you could take as a lesson f

1. Queen of Cups profile image61
    Queen of Cupsposted 5 years ago

List one "why" and "why not". What is the one thing you could take as a lesson from it all?

If you had to sit down and read a book about your whole life thus far... Would you be able to read it all the way through?

2. tsmog profile image84
    tsmogposted 5 years ago

Hmmmmm, in my comment language means I feel playful with a reply. However, I am writing a hub and on a tangent of thinking. So, the answer is having had the experience of amnesia my life is much like Walter Mitty. Danny Kaye did the black & white version of that as a film. Long story. Yet, answering the last first it is Yes. What a fun read it would be for me anyway. Yet, if reading it I would still be living it, therefore the answer is no. I think someone else will have to write whatever ending necessary for a publisher while I go off to another ______________.

Now the first, One why? Why is it so hard for some people to understand that an answer could be maximizing connections while learning offers opportunity? No arrogance intended, just every event is a learning opportunity. Something is gained, therefore it is profitable. Even with loss there is a profit to be discovered.

A why not is more challenging, since in and of itself it is an open door or open window or an open skylight or and or and or of discoveries and explorations. Yes there is frustrations, 'the agony of defeat' from ABC Wide World of Sports, which is a learning instrument of its time, and sadness. Yet when asking why not ________________ happiness, victory of something, or pleasantness the tide just may turn. It always ebbs and flows anyways. Nurture the nature. Forget fitting the mold, create the mold for a masterpiece, pour it, let it set and form, then break it. Artists do this all the time. It is natural like chewing gum and walking as a simile.

You will always pass 'GO' and collect $200, always. Maybe it will be once in a lifetime or many times. With a little awareness, well it will appear. Then comes the hardest part, what do you do with it?

I ask forgiveness for the length. I decided to post this. It was a thought exercise and a darn good one, Queen of Cups. Thank you!

3. wayne barrett profile image75
    wayne barrettposted 5 years ago

The "why" is a simple one for me; my children. I see them having the opportunity to enjoy this wonderful thing called life, and it makes any hardship that I had to endure worth it to get them here.
    The "why not" is the very hardship that I previously mentioned. The book of "Wayne Barrett" is not a very enjoyable read in the beginning. It's not a story that you expect to find, "and they lived happily ever after" as its end, but when you reach the chapter where my first daughter is born you realize that this is definitely a feel-good story.
    I would be able to finish the book of my life because to me it has been a work enveloping every genre possible. It has been an adventure, and at times a horror. It has been drama, mystery, comedy, and romance all wrapped in one. I believe that by the time I reach "the end", that I will have read a masterpiece!

4. snerfu profile image79
    snerfuposted 5 years ago

I have been gazing at the cover for a long time. If there is wonder in a question it is because there is an answer. Now, why could you pinpoint that is a dark mystery to me. If you were to start at the beginning, you could say, "So, you are leading me down the garden path" and you would be almost right. Except, that we are all not born to answer all the questions. There are those you are made for and those will tell you what vocation you fit into.
    To turn the page without understanding is to look at your horizons without any sight. Why do we do that? Why not, if there is nothing in it for me, I will read something else, correct? The questions you cannot avoid are not the ones you see but the ones you cannot.
    They call it destiny, others call it understanding while I say that it is nothing that will not take care of itself. Why not?

5. Tusitala Tom profile image62
    Tusitala Tomposted 5 years ago

Of course.  I've done so.  Had to write the book first.  It's called, as all such books are called, an Autobiography.  Mine covered my years from zero (when I was born) up to sixty years of age.  I'm now seventy-six and simply could not be bothered to write an addendum to it or a completely new book titled Part Two.

Reading it all the way through?   Well, maybe if I become famous enough someone else will write a 'Biography,' about me.   If I turn out to be very famous, then quite a few might do so.   But I expect that if that does happen, then although they won't get a completely accurate story (their not having lived my life) they will get the 'lot of it.' for that would more than likely happen after I've "Gone to God."

6. TerryK81 profile image59
    TerryK81posted 5 years ago

Thats not really and easy question to answer, but then at the same time it is because (1) nothing in it should really surprise me, and (2) there will be things that will shock and blow me away because of things I was not aware of, like maybe I almost died and didn't know it, and (3) I don't think I'd care to because of this wonderful thing called memory, and somethings are better off left out of mind unless I absolutely NEED to remember them. The only things I'd really want to have from this book is mistakes I've made that I've improved on by the grace of God to learn exactly HOW and WHERE changes were made to become improved.

working