jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (11 posts)

If you had to choose when you could die... Would you? Why?

1. Queen of Cups profile image61
    Queen of Cupsposted 4 years ago

If you had to choose when you could die...
    Would you? Why?

2. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 4 years ago

Yes, I would make that choice--the time of my death--given the option.

Why?

Three intertwining reasons:  Freedom, awareness, and responsibility.  However, I'll say no more here...because I do believe you've handed me the seed of inspiration for tonight's Hub.

3. onegreenparachute profile image78
    onegreenparachuteposted 4 years ago

I'd like to be able to choose.  I think it would be nice to pass over in my sleep.  No stress, no muss, no fuss - just slip away. 
    Of course there might be a possibility that I'd continue sleeping for eternity and miss finding out the answers to all the questions I have!  I wouldn't like that.  I really need to know who built Stonehenge and why.  And are there inhabitants on other planets?  And what about fairies?  (sigh)  I guess I'll take what I'm given.

1. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

You've kept it light. I like that. Good on ya!, One green parachute.

4. manatita44 profile image83
    manatita44posted 4 years ago

No.
    Generally one can choose only when when is living in 100% harmony with God's Will. I believe that there are a few who are spiritual quite high up and can also choose. However, when in harmony with the Will of the Supreme, the God-men generally obeys the Supreme Will. The life of Christ, was an example. He was quite young, yet He obeyed for a Higher cause.
    There is also a Higher purpose with surrrendering to God's Will. The God-men know this and follow the plan. I believe there are those who can choose not to follow the plan. Some for personal reasons and others for a more advanced plan, if you like.
    If I choose to die it would be because I felt that I could not serve anymore; that the body was just too battered for the Soul to utilise, but I would still like to know that it was either sanctioned, approved or tolerated by the Supreme.

5. Andy McGuire profile image79
    Andy McGuireposted 4 years ago

Well, I am a lunatic, as my writing should prove, so I would say yes. I would choose to die whenever the moment in life came when I was just soooooo bored and had nothing better to do. I mean, I'd have to be ungodly bored before I cashed that chip, don't get me wrong.

1. manatita44 profile image83
      manatita44posted 4 years agoin reply to this

Good light-hearted answer, Andy

6. Hideki-ryuga profile image77
    Hideki-ryugaposted 4 years ago

Certainly I would choose the way and the date of my death were I ever given a choice. Why? I hate surprises. I would like to die peacefully if possible. Just imagine people dying because of war injuries or because of a terrible illness. And most importantly I would like to die once I have fulfilled my dreams. I don't want to die without achieving anything.

7. Emanate Presence profile image76
    Emanate Presenceposted 4 years ago

Queen of Cups,

If this question is taken literally, the first part would be answered the same by everyone. If a person 'had to choose', they would have no choice to not choose.

But, getting past that, if I had an opportunity to choose....

I would choose to have command of my time and way of passing from this life to the next, surrendered to higher power.

Unless it were shown to me in a strong vision that my eternal being would prolong this incarnated lifetime for some higher purpose, I would not choose to continue it into advanced age. Definitely not to have it prolonged by artificial means in any case. If someone 'up there' wants me to continue in the body they will have to find a way to do it naturally.

So let's say it is really clear that there would be no special consequences of the choice. I could go sooner or later and it would be fine either way to my eternal being and the universe. At this point, if my complementary equal and I could go at the same time, we would choose the sooner. We have experienced all we had desire to experience. There is nothing that would keep us longer. On the other hand, for whatever time we have left, it is our intent to give life on this planet, in these bodies, our full love and attention.

8. Agnes Penn profile image83
    Agnes Pennposted 4 years ago

No.  As I grow older I realize I could never have known early on my purpose in life.  If I had cut short the time I have on earth I would not have shared experiences that mattered, joys that outdid sorrows, love that conquered solitude, purpose in existence, a relationship with God that transcends the boundaries of place and time.  And there is STILL so much more to learn. 
    I don't know everything and how my life will affect so many others so I do not wish to have the power to decide when it will end.  It's like walking out of a theater before the movie ends!

9. wayne barrett profile image75
    wayne barrettposted 4 years ago

No! One of the greatest things about life itself is the mystery of it all. I mean...the greatest question ever asked was, "What is the meaning of life?" I also think that if you were given the knowledge, you would live the rest of your life in anticipation of that moment. In this matter...ignorance is freedom.

working