jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

If you were stuck somewhere all by yourself........

1. windygreen profile image60
    windygreenposted 5 years ago

If you were stuck somewhere all by yourself........

what would you do to pass the time and amuse yourself?

2. lburmaster profile image83
    lburmasterposted 5 years ago

Depends on what's around me. But I'd start out by talking to myself. That's how it always starts. Observe your surroundings, make sure there is food around, clean water is available. Then focus on a place to stay, safety. After that, fishing for fun. Making a little boat would be entertaining, nothing big, just to go around the area. But as a hobby there? I would probably play with my hair, gather shells, improve the place, carve a pipe and flute, etc. There is always plenty to do, no matter where you are.

1. profile image0
      CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Leah...we think along the same lines, but I find it is more profitable to speak to God than to talk to myself. :0)

2. Cristale profile image87
      Cristaleposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I agree. I like to stay busy and productive, and you have said it all. Great answer!

3. profile image0
    CJ Sledgehammerposted 5 years ago

I am not one who is generally given to amusements, but my first order of business would be to pray and seek an audience from the Most High. I am always strengthened through prayer and God's presence comforts me.

After I have prayed, I would look over my surroundings and prayerfully consider the best course of action to take.

4. Mike Marks profile image75
    Mike Marksposted 5 years ago

with or without my laptop?  When I was about eight years old, pre computer days, my brother died and it wacked me out so that I could no longer communicate with other kids for a couple of years and had to fill my time alone.  Weekends were horrible.  A laptop would have been just the thing...

5. Neinahpets profile image87
    Neinahpetsposted 5 years ago

Am I alone with no objects or do I have things with me to occupy me?

If I were able to have things with me I'd listen to music, play violin, read a book... or my favorite thing:  Draw and paint.

There are many things you can do when you're stuck alone without anyone to occupy you.

6. MisterShives profile image61
    MisterShivesposted 5 years ago

FRUIT NINJA!! Damn that commercial. Haha that pig is hilarious.