If ONE sin deserves an eternity of punishment, how much punishment will TEN sins

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (36 posts)
  1. SwordofManticorE profile image69
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

If ONE sin deserves an eternity of punishment, how much punishment will TEN sins deserve?

2. calynbana profile image76
    calynbanaposted 11 years ago

There is no difference. Sin against God is sin against God. The number of times we sin is irrelevant. That is why every single person needs Jesus Christ.

SwordofManticorEposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So you believe that one who sins once deserves eternal torture?

2. calynbana profile image76
      calynbanaposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Not eternal torture, we have been over this. To sin is to separate oneself from God. God is the source of all Good. Eternally separated from all Good by our own choice. We can choose to be with Him. It isn't a punishment, it is an effect of sin.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Now you hell wishers dont even believe in the same hell. How many different verssions are there. Such a rediculas belief. You dont even allow yourself the possibility of being wrong.

4. calynbana profile image76

The problem here is that you are grouping a bunch of people you don't know into one category. Do you allow yourself that possibility? I have changed my beliefs once before atheist to Christian. I adapt when I know I am wrong. Are you willing?

5. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I was wrong 4 years ago when I believed in hell. After much research in Christian history, the Jewish wars and in scripture, I now know that all are saved, but not from a pagan hell, but from an unconscious sleep in our graves.

6. calynbana profile image76

An unconscious sleep doesn't differ from the idea of a separation from God. I have read quite a bit about Universalism the last little while, I don't see the scriptural support for it. Can you provide it?

7. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?If I ascend up into heaven,thou art there:if I make my bed in hell, behold,thou art there. Psalms 139: 7-8. KJV, so much for eternal seperation.

8. calynbana profile image76

Do you misuse Sheol when it suits you?

9. SwordofManticorE profile image69

What kind of a question is that? It is the hell believers who have misused the word shoel. Now your starting to get a little strawmen on me.

10. calynbana profile image76

Haha now you start noticing fallacies? I had to restrain myself when others were applauding your logic. Your previous comment misuses the word Sheol to make your point.

11. SwordofManticorE profile image69

It was not a misuse. It was used to prove your belief of eternal seperation retarded. The word shoel means the state of the grave and the KJV gives this verse no credit. Shoel or "unseen" in English means sleep in our graves.

12. calynbana profile image76

Please do not use the word retarded in such a manner. It is childish and insulting. There are plenty of better words you can choose, since you have an account on a writers website I am sure you have more descriptive words in your vocabulary.

13. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Ok, let me refraze that to "foolish".

14. CynthiAnn profile image60
      CynthiAnnposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Christ even said telling someone "you fool" subjects you to judgment.

3. SwordofManticorE profile image69
    SwordofManticorEposted 11 years ago

To answer a question that proves UR is real.

1Tim 4:10

Col 1:20

1Cor 3:10-15

John 3:35

John 6:39

2:cor 5

1 Cor 15:22

There are hundreds more

1. CynthiAnn profile image60

If you read those verses in the context of the whole book they do not mean what you say they do.Jesus even warns us of the fires of hell.

2. SwordofManticorE profile image69

Would a mother still love a deity if she believed that one of her deceased children was burning in hell for not believing in Christ?
      Btw, I take all those verses in their context with the exceptions of John 3 and 6

3. CynthiAnn profile image60

I AM a mother.We are called to submit ourselves to Christ.My love for Him outweighs ALL else.My children are my most precious jewels and I pray for them every day.If THEY grow up with no love for God, that won't make me love God less.Only pray more.

4. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I agree sister, but I won't need to pray more because of the belief in hell. I would pray more for all the blessings in life they would be missing out on.

5. CynthiAnn profile image60

I would just pray that somehow they find God.That God opens their hearts to Him.I could not help but feel as though I failed in displaying to them God's love though. :-/

6. SwordofManticorE profile image69

That would not be your fault. We sometimes forget that it is not us who chooses God, It is He that chooses us (John 15:16).

7. CynthiAnn profile image60

:-)

8. SwordofManticorE profile image69

I cant remember what question it was on, but I asked you what you think the anology of the ax, root and trees were symbolicly used for in Matt 3:10. I have a good idea, but I want to hear yours.

9. CynthiAnn profile image60

Hmm..I'm not too sure.I would think roots would symbolize the foundation of something, the trees-what are produced from the foundation, and the ax would be something unwanted?I hate the space limitations on these comment boxes..what are your thoughts

10. SwordofManticorE profile image69

The ax (Roman accupation) is already at the root (Jerusalem) of the trees (Jews, Isaiah 60:21), and every tree that does not produce good fruit (repent) will be cut down (killed) and thrown into the fire (Gehenna as God's wrath on Judea AD70).

11. CynthiAnn profile image60

Interesting! I took a New Test. class in college. I found it mind opening to learn that the book of Revelation may have been more of an analogy of what was going on.Paul (exiled)wrote it in code so the message could still be delivered.

12. SwordofManticorE profile image69

You mean John wrote the book of revelations? It is my belief that that book was written just before the destruction of Jerusalem. Once I learned of this possibility, the book started to make more sense to me.

13. CynthiAnn profile image60

Lol...Yes! I mean John....shows how much I retain when I learn it... >_

14. SwordofManticorE profile image69

What do you believe the 2nd death is as found for times in revelations?

4. Porshadoxus profile image61
    Porshadoxusposted 11 years ago

One unforgiven sin is enough to result in eternal separation from God. Any more is superfluous.
    Good thing for us that Jesus is the propitiation for our sin(s).

5. CynthiAnn profile image60
    CynthiAnnposted 11 years ago

It matters not the number of our sins as what matters is our repentance for them.  God wants to give us eternal life.  We must ask. Jesus said "Ask and it will be given, search and you will find, knock and the door will be opened for you."  God will judge us accordingly.

6. TerryK81 profile image60
    TerryK81posted 11 years ago

You have been given explanation, research guides and references, and you have said yourself that you do not believe in eternal hell/torture.

I have been given more than that, and yet I still believe in Universal reconciliation of all. Imagine that.

7. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

Well I believe God punishes accordingly. Someone who hurts others or does not offer help when needed will suffer differently than the one who kills, rapes or is a mockery to God.

God says .....do not commit a sin twice, even for one you will not go unpunished.

I think the punishment will fit the crime according to God.

yes I believe that 10 sins will suffer bigger and stronger consequences.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)