jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is the Pope really that significant and powerful, or is he more of a religious s

1. Joelipoo profile image83
    Joelipooposted 5 years ago

Is the Pope really that significant and powerful, or is he more of a religious symbol now?

2. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 5 years ago

With all due respect to Catholicism, I have always thought he is just another human being.

3. d.william profile image63
    d.williamposted 5 years ago

The pope is only a religious symbol in the eyes of the vast majority of the world.  But to the catholics he is significant in that he supposedly speaks with god like authority, which of course is utter nonsense.  This cult has been interfering in politics and trying to impose their own brand of morality on civilization since they were created by the Roman Government nearly 2,000 years ago. 
    They have only succeeded in causing social unrest with their barbaric ideas of how life should be led for everyone else in the world except for their pedophiles who they shield from prosecution in order to keep "bad press" from tainting their businesses.
    They are no more in tune with reality than any other living person on this planet.

4. snerfu profile image75
    snerfuposted 5 years ago

Is the sun significant or is it only because man is intelligent enough to harness its energy? Is there any use of the moon at night? The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, the answer is entirely up to the person.
    To equate to the rich and powerful is not only pretentiousness but also impolite. To believe we are something we are not, is not becoming of man.
    If God is the guiding light, why do we mortals question it? Because we have nothing better to do.
    Pardon me, if I sound pretentious, it is not in my nature to be so. Anyone who tries to fly too close to the sun gets fried. There are some who tried.
    And thanks for the question, it really awake a storm in me!

working