Do you believe or think that Jesus second coming may occure in your life time?

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (23 posts)
  1. profile image53
    graceinusposted 11 years ago

Do you believe or think that Jesus second coming may occure in your life time?

This is a question that has puzzled mankind for the last 2000 years. As bad as world events seem to be at this time, are these the signs of endtime approaching or do you believe events have to be far worse than we see today? There are signs yet to be seen, but are they fast approaching?

2. Maggie Bennett profile image61
    Maggie Bennettposted 11 years ago

Events in the world today aren't much different from the events I grew up with.  The only thing different is instant access to news.  That doesn't make it worse, it just makes it appear in your face more.  I see the normal ebbs and flows of time.  What I do see is an increase in nut jobs who are attempting to bring around the catalyst for the end times.

To answer you question simply, no.  I do not believe Jesus is coming.  You are not going to be one of the lucky Christians to see the great return.  It all seems silly waiting for such a dire event to take place any way.

1. profile image53
      graceinusposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Maggie- Many thanks for your answer.

2. Lor's Stories profile image59
      Lor's Storiesposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I agree the news seems to make everything darker

3. profile image0
    JThomp42posted 11 years ago

My friend, I do think prophecy is coming to fruition. I really "hope" to see Jesus parting the clouds before I pass. What we must realize is that this will happen in God's time, In which is far beyond our comprehension. Such as the six days it took to make the earth, were they decades or hundreds of years. A day to God could mean a various amount of time.

1. profile image53

JThomps42- I do believe one day it will happen. And like others, their guess, as when He will return, is as good as mine. Thanks again JT

4. Attikos profile image83
    Attikosposted 11 years ago

The first generation of Christians took it as a given that Christ would return during their lifetime. Revelation, which is not prophecy of today but reassurance to the persecuted then, speaks with that voice. It did not happen. Paul, struggling with the problem at a time that first generation was dying out without having seen the anticipated Second Coming, shifted the meaning of the idea to the one the church has promoted since, i.e. that it will not occur until the faith has spread across the entire world.

That has not happened, either, and now Christianity itself is declining precipitously. Given present trends, in twenty years the mainstream churches in America have become like those in Europe, standing empty with minute attendance at services but for weddings and funerals. Many of them will have closed. Most people will not be active members of any church.

No, I do not predict the Second Coming during my lifetime. That belief was of people who lived and died two thousand ago. It is not for today.

1. profile image53

Attikos- I do know that the event of Christ's second coming will occure.. Like you, I have no idea when. But at my current age, with maybe 20 to 30 good years left I would like to see Him come. Many thanks for your answer.

5. profile image0
    Rayne123posted 11 years ago

Yes that is a definite yes a 100 percent yes. With great pleasure I may add.

Who would not want to see Jesus face to face an be able to touch him or achieve what he did/does.

It will be the biggest history recorded of all times.

God already knows the future, he knew yesterday, today , tomorrow and not to mention 2000 years ago. The bible is truth, its not like  a card reader reading your cards and letting you know things can change in a few years (which they can) I have prophesied dreams however the  ones I had 3 years ago have all changed.

I remember dreams from 10 or so more years ago, never have to write them down.

I am suppose to know through the Holy spirit. However that is a whole different hub.
    God has changed them as he as intervened in my life for good reason.

My dreams/visions come through the Holy spirit, which is why I can say yes without a doubt, we will see the second coming, sooner than we think actually. I am actually going to guess between 2014-2017.

I had 2016 there but strong feeling to change it, so yes he is coming, more than you can imagine so.

Yes things/plagues/disasters/murders/evil has been happening since the beginning of time, but who created the beginning of time, really when you think about it. Who calmed the storms, parted the sea (using Moses) who created languages, so God can do whatever he wants. Who lets us go as far as we think we are going then plans our destiny.

There was one plague in the bible days where God (I am sure you all know) send a plague to kill only the firstborn sons, why ,so when it was researched by scientists (and Lo and behold it was, its on you tube) they will be mystified why this plague only killed firstborn sons, and nothing like that has ever happened again in the history of mankind.  God set it up that way so we will know he is in control.

With all that said, I will never change my mind that the second coming is in the now.

have a good day
    Laurie

1. profile image53

Rayne 123- I do hope His return is within the time i have left. But in the end I could safely assume it wouldn't matter. Many thanks for your answer and imput.

6. Freeway Flyer profile image84
    Freeway Flyerposted 11 years ago

I don't think that a second coming is going to happen in anyone's lifetime, although I am always open to the possibility that I could be wrong.

Based on the earliest Christian writings, it's clear that the first Christians believed that Christ's return was imminent. Clearly, they were wrong, so I'm not sure why they are still taken seriously by so many people. I suspect that it's because people want it to happen so badly. If Christ comes back, after all, it saves us all of the trouble of dealing with our world's problems.

Here are some more thoughts:
    http://freewayflyer.hubpages.com/hub/Th … n-Lives-On

1. profile image53

Freeway- Thanks for your answer. I do believe it will happen, as to when , I believe it's anyone guess. And there are those who believe it will never happen. I, for one, believe it will.

7. celafoe profile image55
    celafoeposted 11 years ago

according to Mark 13, there are many things yet to happen.       of course the way the world is today they could probably all happen rather quickly as we are seeing signs of the times as Jesus noted, but it does not appear  to be "imminent" if we check the scriptures.   So probably will not happen in my lifetime because of my age.    But certainly looks like it may  happen in that of my children.  And of course it could happen in my lifetime too.     
    We definitely need to be aware that many signs needed are there and many more poised to take place.   
    So it certainly is time to be sure you are right with God every day because
    "Mark 13:32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. "
    On the other hand, since we know that
    2 Peter 3:8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.
    Time  to us is different than time to God so all we can really trust in for the end time is to be ALWAYS ready.

1. profile image53

celafoe- I couldn't agree with you more. Many thanks.

2. BlossomSB profile image80
      BlossomSBposted 11 years agoin reply to this

A great answer! When I was a small child I was quite certain that it would happen in my life-time. Now I'm much older I'm not so sure about the 'when.' But I do know that it will happen and that God's timing is perfect.

8. Lor's Stories profile image59
    Lor's Storiesposted 11 years ago

The Bible says no one knows when Christ will come!
    Which is why I ignore end of the world dooms day people
    " No one knows the day or hour."
    If he hasn't come yet its because He still has hope for us.
    But I'm not sure which is good since we aren't supposed to know,
    If I hear Gabriel's horn then I guess the time is coming.
    I haven't heard that yet.

1. profile image53

Lor's Stories- Thank you very much for you answer. And you are right, " No one knows the day or the hour".

9. Marcus D Mays profile image60
    Marcus D Maysposted 11 years ago

It is not Jesus, that is coming! It is His younger Brother!

10. RogerSanchezJr profile image59
    RogerSanchezJrposted 11 years ago

I am not really worried because by His Grace, i am saved through Christ.  If He's coming, I would be thrilled.  If Christ comes after I die, then it's okay too.  At least I know I am going to Heaven.  Salvation is what helps me not worry about the rapture or His second coming.  Either way, I am blessed to have Salvation and Jesus Christ as my Savior.

1. profile image53

RogerSanchezJr- Great answer, thank you.

11. Ericdierker profile image45
    Ericdierkerposted 11 years ago

I am so sorry if this sounds disrespectful. But I am sure He was in that child I saw today. I got no doubt that begger I gave some dollar to today was Him. I got this new homeless lizard I and my boy are feeding, and in my son I see Jesus. I opened up my closet and who was hanging out there but Jesus. Clipped a rose to give to my boss and there was Jesus.
    I know I know we wait for him to come. But I do chuckle for He is here.

12. Que Scout profile image71
    Que Scoutposted 11 years ago

Some of us missed the 2nd coming.

I think Jesus's second coming, has come and gone.

There was a fellow who changed the world in the 70's. He had billions of followers. Listening and acting on his word. He brought peace to a world at war. He had many ideas; Imagine there was no heaven or hell below us. Imagine there's no countries...and no religion too.

------- Just Give Peace a Chance ------

You know who I am talking about. So does Yoko.

1. profile image53

Que Scout- I'm sure if Christ had already came a second time, we would sure know about it, but thanks for your answer.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)